Author Topic: How many incandescent lamps do you have?  (Read 7077 times)
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: How many incandescent lamps do you have? « Reply #15 on: December 01, 2019, 12:05:07 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I need to stock up on some standard 25, 60, 150 and 500 Watters. But I do not have that kind of money.

I also wanna stock cfl's.

I have maybe 50 or even 80 incan lamps of various vintages, shapes and sizes from 30s to recent. I have some old vintage lamps in service like a couple 50s buglight 100 watt GE lamps. And I have some modern Incans in service. However most of my Incans are collection pieces that get powered infrequently when I feel like enjoying whatever glow they emit.

I do not currently posses stocks of duplicate lamps but wish to obtain them for possible future scarcity.

(although I doubt incan will die any time soon as stores around here stock about half and half incan and LED)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 12:08:24 AM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: How many incandescent lamps do you have? « Reply #16 on: January 10, 2020, 12:49:49 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
The answer to the question is not enough, as the EU have banned them as inefficient, and it's getting harder to find them for use in our fixtures.  :'(
eBay is still a good source for them, but we don't know how long that will last.  :'(

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

migette1

View Posts
View Gallery

Peter

migette1
Re: How many incandescent lamps do you have? « Reply #17 on: February 02, 2020, 09:38:03 AM » Author: migette1
What a question Andrew has beeton me hands down I must have number in thousands as some are very small torchbulbs so do not really know after reaching my 70s I should have something to show LOL   BTW they have been Willed to my good Mate Alex who will look after them when I kick the bucket, I hope to make 100+ years so he may have a some years to wait....excuse spelling mistakes we do not have a spelling checker!

Interested in the history of electric lighting and incandescent in particular and neon glow lamps.

BG101

View Posts
View Gallery

EYE H80 Mercury Vapour

Brian TheTellyman
Re: How many incandescent lamps do you have? « Reply #18 on: January 26, 2021, 01:41:21 PM » Author: BG101
The answer to the question is not enough, as the EU have banned them as inefficient, and it's getting harder to find them for use in our fixtures.  :'(
Where I am, incandescents are still available in at least some of the traditional styles but not by the well-known manufacturers of old, such as Osram and GE. It's all Lyvia, Maxim etc. with the usual "badge-engineering" varieties in our local shops.

Hard to find good quality lamps on the shelves now. :(

As for my count, one less as of the other night .. another of the Orbitec 100W globes lit briefly then went EOL last night, causing a CLICK from the loft stairs, at least not far to go to reset the breaker but of course the loft stair light also went out, making it hard to see the breaker. Thankfully the dimmer survived, I've had them on full brightness for a while for the extra heat.

Now both downlighters have Lyvia 100W GLS lamps in them. I'll put more Orbitec globes in but will have to save a few for posterity; not sure how many I have left now. They last ages dimmed though.

Say NO to DICTATORSHIP in the form of bulb/tube/ballast bans !!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: How many incandescent lamps do you have? « Reply #19 on: January 26, 2021, 01:46:42 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Quite a few of our recent acquisitions of incandescent lamps definitely fall into vintage and antique, as they're mostly over 100 years old.  :bulbman:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

alexd120

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How many incandescent lamps do you have? « Reply #20 on: January 26, 2021, 02:03:01 PM » Author: alexd120
I have a few incandescents. I have more Hid and fluorescent bulbs than incandescent.

Rapid start ,preheat metal halide mercury vapor and high pressure sodium for life.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How many incandescent lamps do you have? « Reply #21 on: January 27, 2021, 06:47:10 AM » Author: Medved
I think no one would be able to exceed the ratio between number of incandescents I have vs the number I need for lighting...
Maye some of you would have the ratio the same...
 :D

No more selfballasted c***

alexd120

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How many incandescent lamps do you have? « Reply #22 on: January 27, 2021, 02:27:19 PM » Author: alexd120
I have more fluorescent bulbs then I do Hid bulbs.

Rapid start ,preheat metal halide mercury vapor and high pressure sodium for life.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies