Author Topic: My Line Voltage is a bit different from normal.  (Read 4329 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: My Line Voltage is a bit different from normal. « Reply #15 on: August 03, 2018, 09:56:53 AM » Author: Rommie
Wow! The voltage in my room at my hostel, was 208V only at 16:45, and the UPS boost it by 30V to 238V to my computer.
Wow, that is low, does it get down to that level often..? How far are you from the substation..? We are literally next door to ours, so our voltage is always up at around 245-247V.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: My Line Voltage is a bit different from normal. « Reply #16 on: August 03, 2018, 10:13:26 AM » Author: dor123
The only substation near Kiryat Ata, located near the square of Zevulun street and the industrial park of Kiryat Ata: Picture

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: My Line Voltage is a bit different from normal. « Reply #17 on: August 03, 2018, 10:15:29 AM » Author: Rommie
The only substation near Kiryat Ata, located near the square of Zevulun street and the industrial park of Kiryat Ata:
How far away are you from it..? Is your line voltage usually this low..?

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: My Line Voltage is a bit different from normal. « Reply #18 on: August 03, 2018, 10:17:46 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Wow! The voltage in my room at my hostel, was 208V only at 16:45, and the UPS boost it by 30V to 238V to my computer:

Nice that you can have monitoring software for your UPS, our one refuses to synchronise with the PC so we ware going to get a decent UPS next year.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My Line Voltage is a bit different from normal. « Reply #19 on: August 03, 2018, 11:27:26 PM » Author: ace100w120v
At my house it varies wildly; 92v isn't unheard of at my place. 
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My Line Voltage is a bit different from normal. « Reply #20 on: August 04, 2018, 12:49:18 AM » Author: dor123
How far away are you from it..? Is your line voltage usually this low..?
I asked an electrician of the IEC that read the electrical meter, and he said that the input voltage is correct at 230V, so this is only in my room that I've such low voltage.
At my former hostel at Lilenblum 13, I had 230V average. It is at my current hostel at Zalman Shne'ur 24, I've such low voltages. Both streets aren't so far from the substation near the square at the beginning of Zevulun street and at the entrance of Kiryat Ata.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My Line Voltage is a bit different from normal. « Reply #21 on: August 04, 2018, 05:17:23 AM » Author: Medved
so this is only in my room that I've such low voltage.

Then there is very likely an open Neutral problem developing in that building...

No more selfballasted c***

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: My Line Voltage is a bit different from normal. « Reply #22 on: September 12, 2018, 09:45:53 PM » Author: icefoglights
Where I grew up, the house was fed by a neighborhood transformer, through less than ideal underground wiring.  I think we typically had 110-115V.  Current house, which is directly connected to a transformer on a pole shared with 2 other houses, is dead on 120V.  It was enough of a difference after moving that I started buying long life 60w bulbs for my bedroom light because standard ones burned out too frequently.

Another place I lived shared a small substation with a dozen other houses and a saw mill.  The voltage dips whenever the mill started equipment would cause the UPS I had to frequently kick over to battery power, and eventually wore the contactor out.  Got real annoying when I'd try to use my computer and it would randomly cut off dead.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: My Line Voltage is a bit different from normal. « Reply #23 on: September 12, 2018, 11:14:43 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
The power voltage in my house is normally 121v to 123.5v, its not perfect 120v. It does fluctuate.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My Line Voltage is a bit different from normal. « Reply #24 on: September 13, 2018, 04:46:25 AM » Author: dor123
My voltage in my room at my new hostel is 216-220V now:

Yesterday it was 220-230V
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 04:48:13 AM by dor123 » Logged

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies