Author Topic: Why do DOT replace FCO fixtures with drop lens for spot replacement.  (Read 1359 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Why do DOT replace FCO fixtures with drop lens for spot replacement. « on: October 27, 2018, 10:45:14 AM » Author: Cole D.
I had noticed recently, the two intersections of the highways here that have Cooper OVF with full cut off lens. There are one or two spot replacements, and instead of using a FCO fixture to match, they used AEL 125 with drop lens. I wonder why that is? Plus these are 400W HPS.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why do DOT replace FCO fixtures with drop lens for spot replacement. « Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 11:58:16 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I see the same thing here alot, about 5 yrs ago they widened a road near me and installed streetlights (ael 115 fco 200 w hps) as they die, if a bulb dosen't fix it it get replaced with whatever they have on hand  sometimes not even the same wattage! the lights the engineer spec'd aren't always what goes back up unless they are something "special" like the retro style lights or something

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies