Author Topic: Do you collect other things besides lighting??  (Read 34912 times)
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #105 on: November 03, 2020, 10:28:48 PM » Author: Binarix128
Despite I have a lot of VHS, I just need a VCR to record on them. I found 4 a long time ago outside a house. I took only two, I gave one and the one left stopped working.  :'(  I'm repentant of just taking two VCRs, all of them where in very good state. Now I'll need to pay quite a lot for a middle working VCR just for missing them.  :(
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #106 on: November 03, 2020, 11:34:33 PM » Author: joseph_125
That sounds cool! I have a few cassette mechanisms and tapes (so analog audio) but no VHS tapes or VCR or anything else video related.

Interesting, I have a lot of cassette tapes and even a few 7" 1/4" reel to reel tapes (but no player). I kept the VHS tapes and VCR I used when I was a kid but I don't really collect those. Even still have some old blanks from when I used to tape shows on TV to watch later.
Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #107 on: November 04, 2020, 07:32:13 AM » Author: Fluorescent05
Right now I just collect lighting (lamps, gear and fixtures), but it’s possible that I will start collecting switches soon because I have some interest in them.
Will you start collecting vintage switches?

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #108 on: November 04, 2020, 07:37:57 AM » Author: Fluorescent05
Interesting, I have a lot of cassette tapes and even a few 7" 1/4" reel to reel tapes (but no player). I kept the VHS tapes and VCR I used when I was a kid but I don't really collect those. Even still have some old blanks from when I used to tape shows on TV to watch later.
Is your VCR one of the old ones that has latching buttons (like a cassette deck) or a newer one with full logic control (The tape is picked up by a motor and the motor does all of the work)?

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #109 on: November 04, 2020, 01:04:56 PM » Author: joseph_125
Full logic control. I've seen the old style VCRs with manual transport controls but never actually used one before.

Ironically most of my cassette decks have manual controls, I only have one that has full logic controls.
Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #110 on: November 04, 2020, 01:23:47 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
Full logic control. I've seen the old style VCRs with manual transport controls but never actually used one before.

Ironically most of my cassette decks have manual controls, I only have one that has full logic controls.
I think the full logic control was more common on VCRs than manual controls, but the reverse seems to be true with cassette decks. The only full logic cassette deck I have is an OEM 2002 Subaru Outback car radio that my dad replaced in 2008.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #111 on: November 04, 2020, 01:26:15 PM » Author: Rommie
I have a Denon DRW-585 dual cassette deck in my current audio setup. I rescued most of the equipment from my mother's house after she died in January.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #112 on: November 04, 2020, 01:35:16 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
I have a Denon DRW-585 dual cassette deck in my current audio setup. I rescued most of the equipment from my mother's house after she died in January.
Sorry for your loss. :'(

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #113 on: November 04, 2020, 02:16:39 PM » Author: Rommie
Sorry for your loss. :'(
Thanks. She was almost 93 so a good innings.

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #114 on: November 05, 2020, 02:32:39 PM » Author: CEB1993
I collect diecast model cars in 1:18 and 1:24 scale. I’ve been collecting them for a lot longer than I’ve been collecting lights. Lately, I’ve been slowing down a bit with collecting model cars, but I do have a really cool one on the way in the mail.

I got a 2006 Subaru WRX STI 1:18 scale model from eBay. It’s a really rare model and one of my favorite Subarus. Stay tuned for pictures  8)

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #115 on: November 05, 2020, 03:19:30 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I don't know why I didn't mention this sooner, but we do have a substantial amount of fridge magnets  8)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #116 on: November 05, 2020, 03:21:21 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Take a look at these buzzers, sirens and horns I have

FEDERAL ENTERPRISES MODEL: A ELECTRO MECHANICAL SIREN
FARADAY 133-S HORN
WHEELLOCK KS16301 BUZZER

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #117 on: November 05, 2020, 05:44:12 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
I might actually get a Denon DRW-585 cassette deck to record tapes and it will go with my Kenwood VR-804 reciever and Samsung DVD-S221 CD/DVD/MP3 player.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #118 on: November 05, 2020, 05:45:10 PM » Author: Rommie
It's a good machine. 30+ years old and still going strong  :bulbman:

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Do you collect other things besides lighting?? « Reply #119 on: November 05, 2020, 10:21:45 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
It's a good machine. 30+ years old and still going strong  :bulbman:
Cool! Does it make good recordings? I found one "as-is for parts or not working" for $30 on eBay and I might get it because the seller says it might just need new belts.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies