Author Topic: What do you think about fog lights and car headlights?  (Read 4378 times)
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you think about fog lights and car headlights? « Reply #15 on: June 22, 2019, 10:52:43 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I got pulled over in a rental car once for not turning the (tail) lights on.  The rental car I had before that one was equipped with automatic headlights, and nothing I saw on this car to lead me to believe it didn't have them either.  When started up in the dark, the dash lights and head lights came on, but the tail lights didn't.  It didn't have the little green light when the lights were on either.  In my cars that I had at the time, if you didn't turn the lights on, nothing was illuminated.  No headlights or DRL, no dash, nothing.

One interesting thing I've noticed with Korean make cars, is that the headlight switch is powered off the ignition, meaning if the headlight switch is left on, the headlights turn on and off with the ignition.  Also means it's impossible to leave the headlights on and run down the battery.  Seems like all cars with relay driven headlights should be made like that.

I've noticed that most modern cars and trucks have dash lights that are always on weather or not the exterior lights are on. DRL's should only come on with the vehicle in gear and I think all cars should have a warning indicator of some sort that is photocell controlled to warn the driver that lights aren't on at night. The little green DRL indicator doesn't cut it because since some cars run the headlights on half power in DRL AND the parking lights can even be turned on I've seen people driving at night with just parking lights and DRL's NOT SAFE !  Regarding ignition controlled lights, my 3 older Subarus are like that I personally leave the light switch on and drive. No possibility of driving at night without lights barring a electrical failure AND more visibility during the day and during inclement weather (Ohio law says that you must have you headlights on when your wipers are on anyway)

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: What do you think about fog lights and car headlights? « Reply #16 on: June 23, 2019, 08:34:42 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Well, as much as I like discharge lamps, I’d would have to ban them for car headlights!, their to intense!, Halogen lamps have their place for automotive use, fog lights are useful especially in November time here when we have the densest foggy days, however a really annoying thing with British drivers is, they forget to turn them off the flowing day, and that’s just a nightmare to drive behind with them burning into your eyes like two red lasers!! ;D

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies