Author Topic: Favorite Hardware Store?  (Read 6564 times)
mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite Hardware Store? « Reply #30 on: July 01, 2019, 02:55:01 AM » Author: mefurd98
Same thing at one of my local Lowes stores. A couple of weeks ago, they changed out the parking lot lights for LED and the fixtures in the store. I also noticed that they replaced the metal halide high bays in the garden center to LED high bays. And it's the type of fixtures that have the LEDs directly on the fixtures and not replaceable lamps. I noticed that some of the LEDs in the parking lot lights have already failed. I hope they have fun replacing whole fixtures when they fail.

The other Lowes that is located in a shopping center still has MH parking lot lights and fluorescent fixtures inside and doesn't feel like you're walking into a hospital because the color of the LEDs in the other store were very cold. But it's probably only a matter of time.

The Home Depot has HPS parking lot lights and fluorescent fixtures inside.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Favorite Hardware Store? « Reply #31 on: July 01, 2019, 03:04:20 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Mefurd98, the Lowes store across the street from the Home Depot close to where I live, has been saved for now. No LED
infestation yet, but it's only a matter of time. I know they'll fail and get LED's too. But as of now everything at the front
of the building, besides the Lowes sign on the building, is completely old school. It's almost like stepping back in time.
No lighting changes yet.
Fun fact: Right in front of that Lowes parking lot, there's a Tornado Siren. I don't understand why they'd put a siren
near/on a parking lot of any kind, but they did. That is NOT pleasant when that siren is activated, I'm betting.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite Hardware Store? « Reply #32 on: July 01, 2019, 03:41:22 AM » Author: mefurd98
@suzukir122 that's good, maybe they'll keep the old lighting for a while, I find it more inviting than harsh LEDs all over the store. So far, that is the only hardware store in my area that has completely been taken over by the LEDisease.

And about the siren, I bet that scares the customers to death when it goes off! There is a tornado siren on the corner of our land that doubles as a nuclear plant siren. We definitely get the message when it goes off!
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Favorite Hardware Store? « Reply #33 on: July 01, 2019, 06:23:49 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Mefurd98, yeah that's actually siren #2 that is closest to my apartment. Siren #1 is actually in the parking lot
of West Carrollton High School, which is walking distance from me. I can hear BOTH sirens with ease from my apartment
complex... I couldn't imagine how loud those sirens are to those anywhere close to them. But yeah a trip to Home Depot
and Lowes will be coming soon for me. Gotta see what changes have been made over the last several years.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Favorite Hardware Store? « Reply #34 on: July 01, 2019, 05:14:56 PM » Author: Cole D.
Same here. And I see it as irony, that Home Depot uses HPS lighting in the parking and outside the store, since their signature color is orange. Plus Lowes is usually blue color and MH makes a sort of blue/green color.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite Hardware Store? « Reply #35 on: July 02, 2019, 01:08:15 AM » Author: tolivac
No Home Depot in my area-closed years ago.Have two Lowes-their lighting equipment and tools are quite lame.
mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite Hardware Store? « Reply #36 on: July 02, 2019, 04:30:59 AM » Author: mefurd98
Yeah the lighting selection at major hardware stores are getting pretty bad with all of the LED fixtures. Lowes still carries the HPS yardblasters but they stopped selling the MH ones. And for tools I like to go to Sears.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Favorite Hardware Store? « Reply #37 on: July 02, 2019, 01:42:36 PM » Author: Lumex120
Same here. And I see it as irony, that Home Depot uses HPS lighting in the parking and outside the store, since their signature color is orange. Plus Lowes is usually blue color and MH makes a sort of blue/green color.
I can't recall a single time I have seen a home depot that doesn't use HPS in the parking lots. I'm pretty sure that it was intentional.

Unofficial LG Discord

mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite Hardware Store? « Reply #38 on: July 03, 2019, 02:38:19 AM » Author: mefurd98
I do believe it's intentional. My local Home Depot is in a shopping plaza with the whole parking lot being lit by Metal Halide except for the Home Depot which has HPS. Maybe they'll keep it like that. I like how Home Depot uses the HPS parking lot lights.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Favorite Hardware Store? « Reply #39 on: July 03, 2019, 08:39:38 AM » Author: suzukir122
Well then my Home Depot not too far from where I live, is in the rare... because they use Metal Halide... with a mixture of
seriously crappy LED bulbs installed into some of those fixtures. However, the back of that Home Depot where the loading docks
are... still definitely lit with HPS. The garden center though, is lit with the same parking lot MH shoe box fixtures, but that one has
4 fixtures on one pole. That garden center area is really bright, not surprisingly.

Interests:

mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite Hardware Store? « Reply #40 on: July 05, 2019, 05:30:27 AM » Author: mefurd98
As far as I know, they still relamp the HPS fixtures. I noticed a couple out a few months back and they're working again.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies