Author Topic: Still Say LG Needs A Street Light Topic  (Read 878 times)
HPSM250R2

View Gallery

Re: Still Say LG Needs A Street Light Topic « Reply #30 on: November 05, 2019, 07:59:37 AM » Author: HPSM250R2
I think there might be more as well.

I don't know the exact numbers of pictures on here though so it's just my guess. Gallery Of Lights might really mostly contain American street light pictures though. I think that might be the reason I registered on Gallery Of Lights first. Unfortunately, the activity on GoL isn't what it was when I registered. Activity is almost non existent. Otherwise I love the site.
GE101R

View Gallery

Re: Still Say LG Needs A Street Light Topic « Reply #31 on: November 05, 2019, 08:02:29 AM » Author: GE101R
I don't know the exact numbers of pictures on here though so it's just my guess. Gallery Of Lights might really mostly contain American street light pictures though. I think that might be the reason I registered on Gallery Of Lights first. Unfortunately, the activity on GoL isn't what it was when I registered. Activity is almost non existent. Otherwise I love the site.

I think Joe was just too busy to keep it up with his massive collection and obligations.
joseph_125

View Gallery

GoL
Re: Still Say LG Needs A Street Light Topic « Reply #32 on: November 05, 2019, 04:26:48 PM » Author: joseph_125
A way I've seen on some other sites is to have let users tag pictures with predefined keywords and filter the pictures in the gallery categories by tags. That way a user looking for a picture of a street light can use the "Street Light" tag to view only the street light pictures. To make the filtering more useful, you can filter by multiple tags so filtering with "Street Light" and "Mercury Vapour" will yield pictures of only MV streetlights.

Some problems with this way is that users might not choose to tag their pictures and so won't appear when you filter by a tag, and I'm not sure if Coppermine (the software than runs the gallery) supports this feature stock or has a plugin that supports this feature. Finally there's still the problem of the existing pictures that will have to be tagged so that they're searching under the new system.
GE101R

View Gallery

Re: Still Say LG Needs A Street Light Topic « Reply #33 on: November 14, 2019, 07:36:33 AM » Author: GE101R
A way I've seen on some other sites is to have let users tag pictures with predefined keywords and filter the pictures in the gallery categories by tags. That way a user looking for a picture of a street light can use the "Street Light" tag to view only the street light pictures. To make the filtering more useful, you can filter by multiple tags so filtering with "Street Light" and "Mercury Vapour" will yield pictures of only MV streetlights.

Some problems with this way is that users might not choose to tag their pictures and so won't appear when you filter by a tag, and I'm not sure if Coppermine (the software than runs the gallery) supports this feature stock or has a plugin that supports this feature. Finally there's still the problem of the existing pictures that will have to be tagged so that they're searching under the new system.
An administrator said it was too much trouble so I guess we can simply keep posting and watch the usual suspects play.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 02:01:47 PM by GE101R » Logged
Print 
© 2005-2019 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines