Author Topic: Round-about/Traffic circles  (Read 4585 times)
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Round-about/Traffic circles « Reply #15 on: April 26, 2020, 04:22:05 PM » Author: Michael
Interesting topic :)

I have to say that I honestly like roundabouts, and most drivers here know how to use them, because they are really common in whole Switzerland. In my hometown, just have a look to the main streets going into the town, you'll find a lot of roundabouts, especially in northwest direction https://goo.gl/maps/t2Uezp2zeMDhXb8r7
As well, they put in the middle of all roundabouts in my town something that is according to a nearby location and sometimes really nice to look at. https://goo.gl/maps/tpb1GQDWEtKhSRQDA

The only thing I don't like about roundabouts is when they have two lanes (or even more...) like: https://goo.gl/maps/GjWUSKydSSrEKgmt8

Yes they are indeed common here but there are already places where the roundabouts are being replaced again by crossroads which are having intelligent traffic lights. The most roundabouts are being dismantled in canton Aargau.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Round-about/Traffic circles « Reply #16 on: May 03, 2020, 02:54:08 PM » Author: Lumex120
I know of some spots where roundabouts replaced standard intersections in some rather redneck rural towns. They don't have grass or anything on them, they are just big concrete circles painted yellow in the middle. Apparently people from there don't know how to use them judging by the hundreds of tire tracks that appeared on them within a month of their installation.  :lol:

Unofficial LG Discord

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Round-about/Traffic circles « Reply #17 on: July 12, 2020, 10:51:00 PM » Author: Bulbman256
I have a diverging diamond interchange near my house, there also very confusing and most people dont get them either.

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Round-about/Traffic circles « Reply #18 on: July 13, 2020, 01:09:42 AM » Author: Michael
I have a diverging diamond interchange near my house, there also very confusing and most people dont get them either.

I’ve red about these new type of intersection in the US. At the first place seems to be confusing but don’t you think that people will get into it some time?

Here we have the “bone shaped” intersection. They looks like a bone having its two roundabouts placed on each side of the highway ramps.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Round-about/Traffic circles « Reply #19 on: July 13, 2020, 04:51:44 AM » Author: joseph_125
There are a few roundabouts around here, most of which were built within the last 20 years. Some have been used to replace what were once signalized intersections.

No diverging diamonds in Ontario but there's a single SPUI which has all the ramps meet at one signalized point.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies