Author Topic: Severe weather never sleeps!  (Read 13069 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

LONG LIVE VINTAGE!!!

Severe weather never sleeps! « on: November 19, 2019, 02:18:45 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Alright, whether we like it or not we all know winter is coming  :'( Take in your vintage Bulbs,Lamps,Street Lights and other valuable lighting. Everyone down south you are lucky you donít have to do this now, but beware of hurricanes in the in Spring, Summer, and fall.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 07:28:56 PM by CreeRSW207 » Logged

Vintage will always win over modern!

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Winter weather is coming « Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 03:05:54 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
I actually like the snow and winter weather, especially when it gets cold and wintery by Christmas.

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neal Peart

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

LONG LIVE VINTAGE!!!

Re: Winter weather is coming « Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 03:56:21 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I actually like the snow and winter weather, especially when it gets cold and wintery by Christmas.
I like snow and Christmas, but I donít like how cold it gets.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the mechanical side of things

Re: Winter weather is coming « Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 04:08:46 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I like snow and Christmas, but I donít like how cold it gets.
Cold and snow go together though...  ???

Neither Ria or myself are fans of the cold, and much prefer the temperature to be in the 70s. Either when we're inside or the weather outside.  :)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen)

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber  -  US author, cartoonist, humourist, & satirist (1894 - 1961)

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery
Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Winter weather is coming « Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 12:08:25 AM » Author: dor123
Here in Haifa and Kiryat Ata is very dry with 15-30* humidity with strong eastern winds with no rain...  >:(

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the European date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 230-240V, 50hz country.

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Re: Winter weather is coming « Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 04:43:04 PM » Author: CEB1993
Alright, whether we like it or not we all know winter is coming  :'( Take in your vintage Bulbs,Lamps,Street Lights and other valuable lighting. Everyone down south you are lucky you donít have to do this now, but beware of hurricanes in the in Spring, Summer, and fall.

I enjoy the cold weather and I love it when it snows as long as I don't need to drive anywhere.  Where I live, winters aren't too severe and we usually get one small snow per year, usually in January or February.  After such a hot summer, even for South Carolina standards, I'm ready for some cool weather.  Surprisingly, we didn't get any rain or wind from incoming hurricanes this summer or early fall.  I sealed up my windows with Frost King foam and took out my window box A/C to make my room a draft free zone, ready for the cold air  :)  I'm also going to try out a Philips 125 watt BR40 heat lamp to take the chill out of the air in my house.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 04:44:38 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

LONG LIVE VINTAGE!!!

Re: Winter weather is coming « Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 06:55:10 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I enjoy the cold weather and I love it when it snows as long as I don't need to drive anywhere.  Where I live, winters aren't too severe and we usually get one small snow per year, usually in January or February.  After such a hot summer, even for South Carolina standards, I'm ready for some cool weather.  Surprisingly, we didn't get any rain or wind from incoming hurricanes this summer or early fall.  I sealed up my windows with Frost King foam and took out my window box A/C to make my room a draft free zone, ready for the cold air  :)  I'm also going to try out a Philips 125 watt BR40 heat lamp to take the chill out of the air in my house.
Good Idea!

Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Hunter

Re: Winter weather is coming « Reply #7 on: November 21, 2019, 07:41:35 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
We rarely have more then 2 inches of snow here, a few days a year. My lights are all ready for the winter, thogh I do not think the CFL`s will ever like the cold!
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Winter weather is coming « Reply #8 on: November 21, 2019, 10:04:49 AM » Author: suzukir122
I can't successfully put it into words how much I hate winter weather, as well as the cold. I highly despise it.
As of now, just 9 more days until I move into my new apartment. My friend/coworker was going to help me move my
bike into my new apartment/garage. (I'd ride my bike, and he would follow with my bike supplies in his Mazda Miata)
That no longer can happen because rain began earlier than expected today, and is followed by cold air, and possible winter weather
on Friday and Saturday.
I have no heated gear, so I can't ride in cold weather. Luckily, for Monday they claim it should be 50 degrees and sunny.
That's the only nice day until rain moves in for Tuesday, followed by more cold air.
Yeahhh... no. Not a fan of winter, at all.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

sox35

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

Re: Winter weather is coming « Reply #9 on: November 21, 2019, 10:16:30 AM » Author: sox35
Yeahhh... no. Not a fan of winter, at all.
Same here, sometimes I wish I lived in southern California..! We have friends in San Diego, would love to be there right about now. ;D

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the mechanical side of things

Re: Winter weather is coming « Reply #10 on: November 27, 2019, 09:30:25 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
At this time of year we lose the light just after 4 in the afternoon, and we are reluctant to go out when it gets dark.  :(

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen)

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber  -  US author, cartoonist, humourist, & satirist (1894 - 1961)

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Winter weather is coming « Reply #11 on: November 27, 2019, 10:02:40 AM » Author: suzukir122
Thanks to winter, I'm making all kinds of gains. All kinds.

The only problem is, it's not muscle gains. It's fat gains. I'm slower, and much lazier during
winter. Haven't worked out since 4 weeks ago and I can already see my face has gotten a little pudgier.
This isn't the first time this has happened, so, mark my words. When next year rolls around I will be
back physically fit again.
Moving to another apartment definitely isn't helping things right now for me either.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

LONG LIVE VINTAGE!!!

Re: Winter weather is coming « Reply #12 on: November 30, 2019, 09:18:18 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
At this time of year we lose the light just after 4 in the afternoon, and we are reluctant to go out when it gets dark.  :(
I hardly ever lose power even though trees are all over the wires...weird.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Winter weather is coming « Reply #13 on: November 30, 2019, 09:22:59 AM » Author: AngryHorse
I just love winter, no bugs, no hay fever, no stupid hot sticky days and nights, just pure fresh winter air! ;)
Hereís our dog Ash rolling in the frost at 7 oíclock this morning lol!

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

LONG LIVE VINTAGE!!!

Re: Winter weather is coming « Reply #14 on: November 30, 2019, 09:36:47 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
I just love winter, no bugs, no hay fever, no stupid hot sticky days and nights, just pure fresh winter air! ;)
Hereís our dog Ash rolling in the frost at 7 oíclock this morning lol!

I'm with you on the no bugs part. My favorite season is fall, not too hot or too cold, bugs start to go away.

Print 
© 2005-2020 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines