Author Topic: Severe weather never sleeps!  (Read 13076 times)

View Posts
View Gallery

I like yellow light

Re: Winter weather is coming « Reply #60 on: January 22, 2020, 05:55:04 AM » Author: 589
I'll gladly take the 85F .. that's pretty much perfect :)
But 100% humidity :o .eek. LOL .. gotta keep that down to under 20%

-----------
Also every day of winter that passes is a day closer to thunderstorm season! And I love a good storm. We just don't get enough of them here..

Iíve been to Colorado (Colorado Springs) a few years back for a week, I about turned into a raisin it was so dry. Iím not used to humidity being so low I was drinking water constantly just trying to not get dehydrated. It is a beautiful place though I wouldnít mind coming back to visit instead of work. Iíll just make sure to take my gallon water jug with me next time lol.

Here in GA I donít think the humidity drops below 50% very often, though I imagine places in FL can handily top that.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 06:01:05 AM by 589 » Logged

:lps:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Winter weather is coming « Reply #61 on: January 22, 2020, 08:13:49 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Iíve been to Colorado (Colorado Springs) a few years back for a week, I about turned into a raisin it was so dry. Iím not used to humidity being so low I was drinking water constantly just trying to not get dehydrated. It is a beautiful place though I wouldnít mind coming back to visit instead of work. Iíll just make sure to take my gallon water jug with me next time lol.

Here in GA I donít think the humidity drops below 50% very often, though I imagine places in FL can handily top that.

I remember Georgia winters, I'll take 22įand snowing over 36į and raining any day ! The dry winter days were nice , the wet winter days SUCKED ! :D

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

zzz

GoL ATL
Re: Winter weather is coming « Reply #62 on: January 22, 2020, 11:10:26 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: 589

Yep I've heard that if you're not used to the lack of humidity here, it has an effect on you like that!
Sometimes we'll even get single-digit humidity values - basically pure desert-like days in the summer. .lol.

Its All For The Christmas Lights...
And A Good Summer Thunderstorm!

sox35

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

Re: Winter weather is coming « Reply #63 on: January 23, 2020, 01:56:40 PM » Author: sox35
I just don't like winter. If I had the money, I'd travel the world to find summer wherever it happened to be at the time  :D

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Winter weather is coming « Reply #64 on: January 23, 2020, 02:52:28 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Possible snowstorm tomorrow here.
Nice, get some pictures of it!  :D, last time we had a decent snow fall here was March 2006!, this was our street when  it was still SOX lit!

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Winter weather is coming « Reply #65 on: January 23, 2020, 03:17:54 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
Nice, get some pictures of it!  :D, last time we had a decent snow fall here was March 2006!, this was our street when  it was still SOX lit!

It didn't happen. I don't think well get any snow at all this winter.

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neal Peart

sox35

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Winter weather is coming « Reply #66 on: January 23, 2020, 03:22:41 PM » Author: sox35
It didn't happen. I don't think well get any snow at all this winter.
Fortunately, we don't get much at all here, being right on the coast. Go inland a few miles and they get it, though. But not nearly as much as years ago.

I HATE SNOW..!!!

Did I mention I hate snow..? It always, but ALWAYS, finds its way down the back of my neck, however many layers of clothing I put on. And I ALWAYS slip over at least once on icy ground  >:(

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Westinghouse OV-25s at sunset.

UCi55A3hASj7xOZ1eTRO1Jvg
Re: Winter weather is coming « Reply #67 on: January 23, 2020, 04:51:45 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I just don't like winter. If I had the money, I'd travel the world to find summer wherever it happened to be at the time  :D
You can head here to Southern California! Right now, it's in the mid 70s. By next Saturday, it'll be around the high 70s low 80s.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 04:56:43 PM by fluorescent lover 40 » Logged

Good quality things are awesome. Cheaply made things are not.

sox35

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Winter weather is coming « Reply #68 on: January 23, 2020, 05:04:27 PM » Author: sox35
You can head here to Southern California! Right now, it's in the mid 70s. By next Saturday, it'll be around the high 70s low 80s.
That's an idea, I have friends in San Diego..! All I need now is the money  :-\

Ria in Aberdeen

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

zzz

GoL ATL
Re: Winter weather is coming « Reply #69 on: January 23, 2020, 08:33:15 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Forecast is saying we have a slight chance of snow here next Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday.
Guess we'll see if any of the little systems that provide those chances amount to much...

Its All For The Christmas Lights...
And A Good Summer Thunderstorm!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Re: Winter weather is coming « Reply #70 on: January 24, 2020, 09:00:56 AM » Author: CEB1993
I remember Georgia winters, I'll take 22įand snowing over 36į and raining any day ! The dry winter days were nice , the wet winter days SUCKED ! :D

It's humid where I live most of the time and that humidity makes it feel colder than the actual temperature, and makes it feel damp and chilly inside the house. We have a lot of cold, rainy days where it's as cold as it can possibly be without any freezing precipitation. I agree, I'd take a colder temperature and a pretty snow over a warmer temperature and a cold rain any day!

After living up in New York last year, South Carolina sometimes feels just as cold for different reasons. NY had lower air temperatures and SC has higher humidity and more rain that exaggerates the air temperature. It's been windy this winter too. All the cold rain and constant wind reminds me of what it's like in Scotland and England during the winter. I've heard places like St. Andrews (home of the world's most famous golf courses) gets a lot of wind and rain, but not too much snow.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

sox35

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Winter weather is coming « Reply #71 on: January 24, 2020, 10:43:24 AM » Author: sox35
I can't take high humidity, which is why places like Florida are a no-go for me. Heat is ok if it's dry, I've been in Arizona in 100į+ heat with no problems, but if I'm soaking wet as well, no thanks..!

Ria in Aberdeen

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

LONG LIVE VINTAGE!!!

Re: Winter weather is coming « Reply #72 on: January 24, 2020, 11:29:00 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Ice disk in Loudon,NH.[url]

Vintage will always win over modern!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Re: Winter weather is coming « Reply #73 on: February 01, 2020, 07:37:45 AM » Author: CEB1993
We finally got a little dusting of snow yesterday morning  :D The weather forecast called for all rain and 40 as a high, so I was shocked when I saw big, wet snowflakes falling outside.   It snowed for about an hour, and a little bit stuck. Hereís my windshield before I drove off yesterday. Snow in my region is notoriously difficult to forecast.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 07:39:44 AM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

LONG LIVE VINTAGE!!!

Re: Winter weather is coming « Reply #74 on: February 06, 2020, 07:58:06 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Snow for the next two days here.

Vintage will always win over modern!

Print 
© 2005-2020 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines