Author Topic: Severe weather never sleeps!  (Read 48558 times)
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #360 on: December 03, 2021, 04:12:51 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Yesterday here in KC a record in 1956 here was smashed, the record for the high temp on december second was 70 degrees, but yesterday it got to around 72-73, was really nice. 8)

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #361 on: December 10, 2021, 05:20:24 PM » Author: suzukir122
Seems like the Stlouis area, where I use to live, is in the bulls eye for very severe storms tonight. (In the red/high risk)
Strong chance of tornadoes as well... in December, during the night. Crazy. Night time tornaodes... not a good thing.
Dayton Ohio is in the yellow, so Ohio is not out of the woods either.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #362 on: December 11, 2021, 12:08:18 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Well that SPC outlook they posted for yesterday(last night in particular) certainly did verify. Big time. :o

And:
Quote from: suzukir122
Crazy. Night time tornaodes... not a good thing. 
I don't think anyone could have picked better words for that storm system ...

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #363 on: December 11, 2021, 12:17:28 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Xmaslightguy... I know! Perfect words! And as I expected, many people died. Specifically in a storm I managed to capture many screenshots of, in Kentucky.
I just weightlifted, so now I'm grabbing food to eat. After that, I'll upload those screenshots here! Classic Supercell Thunderstorms. (CST)

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #364 on: December 11, 2021, 02:26:54 PM » Author: suzukir122
Ehh, I tried uploading the screenshot here but the file is too large.

Interests:

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #365 on: December 11, 2021, 02:40:52 PM » Author: Econolite03
I heard about the recent tornado on the news. Nighttime tornadoes are absolutely terrifying because it’s more difficult to spot a funnel.
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #366 on: December 12, 2021, 12:09:55 PM » Author: AngryHorse
It’s gone strangely warm again here!, but that’s bringing rain, I’d rather it snow again though!  8)
Yeah, I bet night tornado’s are terrifying! , you can’t tell which way their going  :poof:

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 45,818 hrs @ 10/4/22

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #367 on: December 12, 2021, 01:12:04 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Angryhorse, and most people are either asleep, or they just don't expect it. Tornadoes, from what I understand, hit two warehouses, one of them being
a massive warehouse (Amazon) in two separate states. Completely destroyed that strong warehouse. Not even sure that was an F5, F4, or even F3 tornado.
I'd be highly surprised if it were an F5, as an F5 would probably do much worse.

Interests:

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #368 on: December 12, 2021, 01:38:34 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Yeah, I saw the Amazon one on Fox News, there was too much of the building left standing for it to have been an F5  :o

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 45,818 hrs @ 10/4/22

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #369 on: December 13, 2021, 02:00:30 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Angryhorse, yep, that's what I'm thinking. I really hope that there will be no more night time tornadoes. More mild temps are on the way
for us on Wednesday, mid December. This is crazy to me.

Interests:

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #370 on: December 13, 2021, 02:32:42 AM » Author: Econolite03
Supposedly the one that hit Mayfield, KY was a F3, but the damage suggests it could have been stronger. It’s pretty sad.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #371 on: December 13, 2021, 02:46:45 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Econolite03, that's the one I took screenshots of on radar, as it was happening. The storm looked impressive on radar, but I can't upload those
photos here unfortunately

Interests:

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Cameron_Ouellette_10
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #372 on: December 13, 2021, 09:33:20 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Seems like the Stlouis area, where I use to live, is in the bulls eye for very severe storms tonight. (In the red/high risk)
Strong chance of tornadoes as well... in December, during the night. Crazy. Night time tornaodes... not a good thing.
Dayton Ohio is in the yellow, so Ohio is not out of the woods either.
What a sad story to hear, I saw the horrific images of entire towns completely leveled. It's especially sad to hear of this happening so close to Christmas.

Collector of any streetlight type, preferably HID.
Power Company: Eversource
Im proud to say my town is still HID!
Proudly suffering from Westinghouse Lifeguard disease!
Also enjoys playing Basketball and Baseball.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #373 on: December 13, 2021, 10:11:16 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I've watched multiple YouTube videos (and ofcourse seen the little bits on TV news). Damn that's some seriously crazy & sad destruction.

I was 'watching' some this go down live on radar late into the night...I knew what I saw there, it wouldn't be good when daylight came & video/pic's started posting. But I didn't know I was watching an "event" that would be one for the history books.

----
Quote from: suzukir122
@Econolite03, that's the one I took screenshots of on radar, as it was happening. The storm looked impressive on radar, but I can't upload those photos here unfortunately
That's one of the storms I watched on radar. I took some radar-image-grabs, and think near Mayfield was one of them...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 10:14:23 PM by xmaslightguy » Logged

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #374 on: December 13, 2021, 10:52:41 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Radar grabs from the tornado that hit Mayfield:

Image 1: Reflectivity .. Besides showing heavy precipitation over the ares, 'the hook' where the mesocyclone & tornado is shows quite clearly here SW of Mayfield
Image 2: Velocity .. A strong 'velocity couplet' for the mesocyclone & tornado is visible, at this point just NE of Mayfield, having passed over the town.
Image 3: Correlation Coefficient .. A blue circle (in the approx same location as a velocity couplet like shown) is usually a debris signature, meaning a tornado is on the ground lofting debris into the sky. (I can't say for sure on this one, due to the large size and hook shape(ignore the line going south-east, that's just a false/artifact) - if it really is a debris signature, that's a big one! Not something I've seen....maybe I'll post this on the storms related discord I'm a member of and ask there?

Print 
© 2005-2022 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies