Author Topic: MSF Radio Station Scheduled Maintenance Shutdown 12th December  (Read 4057 times)
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: MSF Radio Station Scheduled Maintenance Shutdown 12th December « Reply #30 on: November 28, 2020, 02:47:02 PM » Author: Medved
I tried to use the wifi features with the camera connected to the charger, but still the same error, so we can discard the battery as the problem. When I keep trying to connect to the camera server the app says that the connection times out, so the camera is not creating the server or wifi is not transferring the data. I think that the problem is in the wifi mode that got physically screwed up by some strong electromagnetic pulse or by a static distance that messed up a chip or transistor, and there's nothing to do about it.

Way more probably by some cold solder joint, if it is to be some HW fault. Or cracked ceramic capacitor (or some similar mechanical damage; could happen when it hits something, eg the floor just after falling on it). Or a corrosion on a connector to the WiFi module.

Unless you were frying it in a microwave. Or were poking inside into the circuits by something conductive.
There is no way for an external field to fry in such way anything so small. To convert the field into some dangerous electrical pulse, you need an antena of significant size.
Unlike popular culture, even a nearby nuclear blast wont do anything to it. Yes it can destroy electronic, but only when it has long wiring or segments connected to act as the pickup antenna (so transformers in power grid woul blow on solar flare or a nuke above the atmosphere near by, because their antenna is miles long; satelites blew, because have protruding radio antennas and solar panels, both becoming antennas; but few cm size camera - no way).
And I strongly doubt you had anything like that (electromegnetic wise), as most likely you wouldn' have power anymore, nor TV, nor PC connected to internet, so wouldn't be able to write anything here...

No more selfballasted c***

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: MSF Radio Station Scheduled Maintenance Shutdown 12th December « Reply #31 on: November 28, 2020, 09:00:14 PM » Author: Binarix128
So now we can discard the battery, the wifi app messing up, an electromagnetic pulse from a fluorescent fixture or a solar storm, an internal firmware error and probably a static electricity discharge, because such discharge is likely to damage the whole camera. So the remaining probably is a mechanic damage. The camera dropped to the floor a couple times, but probably the last one made the damage. I casually shaked the camera and I heard something loose, probably the component that got ripped off in that drop to the floor.

I'll not repair that loose component, because I might be not be able to put all back when taking it apart, as how it happened to me with another camera with the exact same building and physical appearance, and that camera still works and I use it, also I barely used the wifi feature. What I should replace is the inflated battery, it might be a time bomb and can expose in my hands.  :poof:
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: MSF Radio Station Scheduled Maintenance Shutdown 12th December « Reply #32 on: November 28, 2020, 09:09:48 PM » Author: Bulbman256
I don't know if it's part of my autistic condition or not, but one thing I have always hated is a clock that isn't showing the exact time. I see no value whatever in a clock that isn't correct; the purpose of a clock is to tell the time, if it isn't doing that accurately, then it's of no use to me.

All our clocks here, with the exception of those built into appliances like the cooker and microwave, are radio-controlled. We haven't so far managed to find MSF-set watches that we like, but hopefully we will at some stage.

My timex marathon wr50m is a great watch except for the fact that it runs every so slightly fast and i have to correct every few months. And you cannot change the seconds so it bugs me too.

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies