Author Topic: 4-pin starter socket wanted  (Read 1130 times)
sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

4-pin starter socket wanted « on: November 30, 2019, 04:16:51 PM » Author: sox35
Hi, does anyone have spare or know where I can get a socket suitable for 4-pin starter such as this..?

I have found on eBay an Atlas starter lamp like this which uses the same type of socket and I would rather like to be able to use it  8)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: 4-pin starter socket wanted « Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 06:44:11 PM » Author: sox35
Bumping this as I'm still looking for one of these, can anyone help..?

It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch

F20T12

View Posts
View Gallery

uranium goes bang..and so does my wallet!!!!

HPSMVF Lighting
Re: 4-pin starter socket wanted « Reply #2 on: February 13, 2021, 06:48:19 PM » Author: F20T12
Bumping this as I'm still looking for one of these, can anyone help..?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/143460584790?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5338722076&toolid=10001

« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 06:49:56 PM by F20T12 » Logged

I am 13 years old and I love to collect lights.

probably suffering from the Westinghouse lifeguard disease!!!

"in life, it's the little things done consistently that make a person truly great."

when in doubt throttle it out!!

sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: 4-pin starter socket wanted « Reply #3 on: February 13, 2021, 06:50:17 PM » Author: sox35
https://www.ebay.com/itm/232296025652?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5338722076&toolid=10001

this is very expensive!

Ya think..? How about the $221.60 for shipping..? I kid you not :poof: @-@ :o

I'll pass, thanks  :mrg:

F20T12

View Posts
View Gallery

HPSMVF Lighting
Re: 4-pin starter socket wanted « Reply #4 on: February 13, 2021, 06:51:52 PM » Author: F20T12

I didn't know it was that much to ship to you.

"in life, it's the little things done consistently that make a person truly great."

F20T12

View Posts
View Gallery

HPSMVF Lighting
Re: 4-pin starter socket wanted « Reply #5 on: February 13, 2021, 06:52:40 PM » Author: F20T12

I can possibly buy it and ship it to you.it may be cheaper.

sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: 4-pin starter socket wanted « Reply #6 on: February 13, 2021, 06:53:51 PM » Author: sox35
I think someone's trying it on

sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: 4-pin starter socket wanted « Reply #7 on: February 13, 2021, 06:54:44 PM » Author: sox35
I can possibly buy it and ship it to you.it may be cheaper.
$91.50 is still a bit much..!

F20T12

View Posts
View Gallery

HPSMVF Lighting
Re: 4-pin starter socket wanted « Reply #8 on: February 13, 2021, 06:55:07 PM » Author: F20T12
I think someone's trying it on
lol

sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: 4-pin starter socket wanted « Reply #9 on: February 13, 2021, 06:55:51 PM » Author: sox35
The search goes on...  :-\

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: 4-pin starter socket wanted « Reply #10 on: February 13, 2021, 06:57:15 PM » Author: joseph_125
Says US $18.30 for the item , and US $137.60 for shipping jeez.

To be honest, I'd consider making one first, especially if I have dimensions of one or can obtain one to reverse engineer.
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, 525@29,970i NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: 4-pin starter socket wanted « Reply #11 on: February 13, 2021, 08:55:03 PM » Author: Binarix128
I know that this is not the best but I think you should consider to try to make the socket by yourself, many sockets are no longer available or ridiculously expensive, so making it DIY is the only option.

Grab some rather springy metal sheet like carbon iron and some clay, then design it in such so the starter keeps in place by pushing it tightly into the socket, don't make a twist hold mechanism because it would be way too difficult. If you happen to access to a 3d printer the work will be easier.

LED will never beat other lamps. :inc: :hps: :mv:
Creator of CaptureCommons

sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: 4-pin starter socket wanted « Reply #12 on: February 14, 2021, 06:24:13 AM » Author: sox35
Not going to happen for 2 reasons, one I'm useless at things like that and two I would prefer the genuine article.

Oh well, one will either show up or it won't  :-\

wishus

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 4-pin starter socket wanted « Reply #13 on: February 14, 2021, 09:40:04 AM » Author: wishus

Try messaging the ebay seller with your address and asking to confirm the shipping amount.  I have done so in the past on items with shipping costs that seemed quite exorbitant and the seller came back to me explaining that their webpage shipping quote was calculated using a bot. The seller provided a much more reasonable amount in his reply.
Try it, it costs nothing and you've got everything to gain!

Interested mainly in discharge lighting (mercury, sodium, neon) and also old and unusual incandescents.

Print 
© 2005-2021 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines