Author Topic: Have you converted your house?  (Read 25127 times)
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Westinghouse OV-25s at sunset.

UCi55A3hASj7xOZ1eTRO1Jvg
Re: Have you converted your house? « Reply #195 on: January 08, 2020, 10:41:42 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40

I still have those snap switches and the mercury's with the older engraved type plastic plates in some of the house. All the lights have been changed.
Nice. Take your time. I can wait. Haven't got anything lately because of school so yeah. I am checking all the lights that are on my "watchlist" though.

Good quality things are awesome. Cheaply made things are not.

Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Hunter

Re: Have you converted your house? « Reply #196 on: January 09, 2020, 07:33:54 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
We have buying LED bulbs for a while, The oldest is about 2-3 years old, And still looks bright!
Our whole house is mostly LED Feit electric bulbs.
The only fixtures I have not converted is the laundry light, Shed "Shop light", Desk light, Bathroom light above toilet (Which is an Incandescent bulb and has been going about 3 hours a day, But has been there for 10+ Years), Outdoor flood lights (We actually have started converting one bulb to LED), Attic light, A couple lights in the living room (Incandescent 3 Way), And 2 Bedrooms
(First has a lone fluorescent, Always pretty dim, The second has 3, 50 Watt halogen GU10 bulbs, Also been going for 10+ Years but at about 6 Hours a day).

All of our LED bulbs have been going strong for a while, Even though the thermal conditions are not prime(Hot Florida weather, lots of windows, And out of the way of Air Conditioning).

We are used to LED lighting, And everyone except me can't handle daylight lighting, Unless it's sunlight. Smiley
We have a No-CFL rule in our house, Unless they are kept in their boxes and in a safe place (My light bulb stash).

Have you converted your house to LED? Just don't use the cheap Ebay bulbs.

NO!! We are working to convert are house BACK to Incandescent! My dad has been buying LEDs for a while, and when he put one in the busy living room, it died within 3 days!!!
I Quickly replaced it with a good old GE Indcandesant. As for CFL, they are going to be used more and more!! Smiley
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 07:38:36 AM by Metal Halide Boy » Logged
sox35

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

Re: Have you converted your house? « Reply #197 on: January 09, 2020, 08:00:37 AM » Author: sox35
NO!! We are working to convert are house BACK to Incandescent! My dad has been buying LEDs for a while, and when he put one in the busy living room, it died within 3 days!!!
I Quickly replaced it with a good old GE Indcandesant. As for CFL, they are going to be used more and more!! Smiley

Well done  Grin

We are mainly using incandescents now, except when we're using SOX lamps  Cheesy

We have a 28W 2D in the bathroom and another will be going up in the kitchen soon, there's a CFL in the bedroom at the moment but when that dies it will be replaced by an incandescent.

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end Love

istilluseLEDs

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Have you converted your house? « Reply #198 on: January 12, 2020, 02:55:05 PM » Author: istilluseLEDs
Im also in the process of a conversion, all of the lights in my room and office are LEDs allthough there are some lights in our kitchen and conservatory which are either CFLs or Halogens, which are slowly dying. I've gone through quite a few LEDs in my office so far as to be fair i had mostly bought chinese crap ones since i really didnt care much about lighting at the time but now i realize how horribly made those are. I now use a JCB 15w e27 LED bulb as a main light in my office and i have 3 overhang warm white Sylvania MR16 bulbs, in my room i have 3 "longlifebulbs.co.uk" 3000k MR16 bulbs as overheads. I'm loving my decision of bulbs so far and am hoping that they actually last a decent amount of time lol.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the mechanical side of things

Re: Have you converted your house? « Reply #199 on: February 24, 2020, 11:34:32 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Well done  Grin

We are mainly using incandescents now, except when we're using SOX lamps  Cheesy

We have a 28W 2D in the bathroom and another will be going up in the kitchen soon, there's a CFL in the bedroom at the moment but when that dies it will be replaced by an incandescent.

I can happily report that we are now an LED free zone, apart from ones that are used as indicators.  Bulb Man Bulb Man Bulb Man Grin

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen)

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber  -  US author, cartoonist, humourist, & satirist (1894 - 1961)

Print 
© 2005-2020 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines