Author Topic: Karma?  (Read 3478 times)
Mercury Man

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Karma? « Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 05:33:03 PM » Author: Mercury Man
Sometimes making silly, immature comments can get you a smite.  I've noticed a few people who have a lot of smites have a habit of making useless comments.
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Karma? « Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 07:31:48 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
Yes you are right Brian

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Lightingguy1994

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Karma? « Reply #17 on: May 15, 2020, 04:14:34 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Imagine bringing this back ?  LOL

Throw rox at sox

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

sam.rinne.75 UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg zfarmadillo
Re: Karma? « Reply #18 on: May 15, 2020, 04:48:57 PM » Author: Lumex120
I'm a little curious to know what it was like while it was in place.

Any machine is a smoke machine if you operate it wrong enough.

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Karma? « Reply #19 on: May 15, 2020, 07:19:56 PM » Author: HPSM250R2

LOL LOL LOL LOL
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Karma? « Reply #20 on: May 15, 2020, 07:51:41 PM » Author: joseph_125
I was around when LG still had the karma feature. Granted most members only got and received positive votes back then with only a select few who actually got negative karma points at all.

It was suppose to be a similar to like the upvote/downvote feature on reddit except it only applied to the user.
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Karma? « Reply #21 on: May 15, 2020, 07:57:32 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
I was around when LG still had the karma feature. Granted most members only got and received positive votes back then with only a select few who actually got negative karma points at all.

It was suppose to be a similar to like the upvote/downvote feature on reddit except it only applied to the user.

I think it's a excellent idea to bring it back. With the recent events and past events that have taken place on here. Members that have too many negative karma can get contacted by admin to be talked to and/or reprimanded for their actions. I think it might be a good way to help avoid dramatic events like what's been going on in the forum over the recent events that happened. Instead of publicly confronting the member simply give them a negative karma. Eventually admin will step in and take care of the situation.
Lightingguy1994

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Karma? « Reply #22 on: May 20, 2020, 10:32:19 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Although I've never seen what Karma was and I'm interested in it I don't think it would work out. It would be abused in a week sadly. We don't even have our post counts anymore and the bulb ranking is at risk as it is because of member behaviours...  Undecided I just meant imaging bringing it back as more of a joke lol we know how it would end

And lets be honest, after this whole new icons thing I'm involved with Im sure id have earned myself enough smites to be banned for life.

Throw rox at sox

Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Karma? « Reply #23 on: May 20, 2020, 04:45:42 PM » Author: Danny
Nah. Keep it off this site. It would cause anxiety for a lot of people and eventually rows. This site needs to remain a positive place to come and interact with people. If that came back i have to be honest id contemplate getting out of here!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 04:50:07 PM by Danny » Logged
sox35

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

missriaelaine
Re: Karma? « Reply #24 on: May 20, 2020, 06:15:12 PM » Author: sox35
I agree 100% Danny, we don't need any more hassle here, we've had enough recently. This site has gone from strength to strength over the past couple of months, let's keep it that way  Love Kiss Cat Bulb Man LPS bulb

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end Smiley

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Karma? « Reply #25 on: May 20, 2020, 07:04:10 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 @ Lightingguy1994 : Don't be so hard on your self ! You've created some really cool new smileys/icons ( Angry cursing Mind Blown etc.) I'd love to use some of them outside of LG !

@ sox35: The less drama the better !!! Bulb Man

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Karma? « Reply #26 on: May 20, 2020, 08:30:16 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah I agree the new icons and smileys are quite nice, makes for a nice variety compared to the standard ones at least.

I believe it was agreed upon when they got rid of the karma feature that it was more trouble than it was worth.
Lightingguy1994

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Karma? « Reply #27 on: May 22, 2020, 10:22:41 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
@ Lightingguy1994 : Don't be so hard on your self ! You've created some really cool new smileys/icons ( Angry cursing Mind Blown etc.) I'd love to use some of them outside of LG !

Thanks for the support!

Throw rox at sox

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

zzz

GoL ATL
Re: Karma? « Reply #28 on: May 27, 2020, 06:55:21 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I sorta remember the karma feature, or atleast discussions when it was being abused/gotten rid of. Quite awhile ago now .lol.
Good riddance, if it truly was being abused.

Its All For The Christmas Lights...
And A Good Summer Thunderstorm!

Print 
© 2005-2020 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines