Author Topic: Three Way Incandescents Are Back  (Read 5446 times)
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Three Way Incandescents Are Back « Reply #15 on: December 23, 2019, 05:28:02 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Until that day the oven incandescent will live a happy long existence whether in halogen form or not. The LED flashlight... when those first came about they were pretty sucky but now they have improved substantially and Id like to pick one up one of these days.
 And no I don't want to get in depth with this again and have another topic closed by an admin.

The 3 ways surprise me because they are pretty high wattage so to see them still around is kinda heart warming. Still think you all should stock up because even if legal, if demand is too low they wont bother making any more. Not sure if 3 way LED is out , I know CFLs are

Administrator #5

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Three Way Incandescents Are Back « Reply #16 on: December 23, 2019, 05:49:22 PM » Author: FGS
Until that day the oven incandescent will live a happy long existence whether in halogen form or not. The LED flashlight... when those first came about they were pretty sucky but now they have improved substantially and Id like to pick one up one of these days.
 And no I don't want to get in depth with this again and have another topic closed by an admin.

The 3 ways surprise me because they are pretty high wattage so to see them still around is kinda heart warming. Still think you all should stock up because even if legal, if demand is too low they wont bother making any more. Not sure if 3 way LED is out , I know CFLs are

They make 3-Way LEDs. The post I made earlier is not to start something. I’m saying start collecting as much as you guys can afford and store even if they’re legalized now. Don’t wait until it’s too late. Who knows what the future will bring.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Three Way Incandescents Are Back « Reply #17 on: December 23, 2019, 06:17:41 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
For sure, and Ive even been kicking around the idea of renting a storage locker for extra storage, there are some decent facilities near me, it would fix the space issues allowing me to stock up more on the goods, because im full for F40s but if a case of NOS WW westies came up id never say no, even if i have to trip over it

Administrator #5

nogden

View Posts
View Gallery

Nelson Ogden

nelson.ogden w8nwo
Re: Three Way Incandescents Are Back « Reply #18 on: December 23, 2019, 08:24:53 PM » Author: nogden
Just remember -- the biggest threat to the demise of our favorite lamps is lack of demand. If there's a particular type of lamp you like, keep buying them and using them!
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Three Way Incandescents Are Back « Reply #19 on: December 23, 2019, 09:18:22 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Might be a good idea. I found an outlet for mercury ballasts at a supply house that has some for years and they are just sitting in the back dusty storage. Details later.

Nice hopefully there are some 50w MV ballasts in it

Administrator #5

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Three Way Incandescents Are Back « Reply #20 on: December 23, 2019, 11:34:01 PM » Author: joseph_125
When were they allocated in Canada?

I think around 2014 or so.

Nice hopefully there are some 50w MV ballasts in it

Agreed, some 50w MV ballasts would be a great find. Hardest MV lamp to find a substitute ballast for IMO. Magnetic 35/39w PSMH ballasts with the ignitor disabled will run them but they're almost as hard to find as 50w MV ballasts.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Three Way Incandescents Are Back « Reply #21 on: December 24, 2019, 10:32:23 AM » Author: Lumex120
I hope so too. Over the PC crowd.
I remember a few years back (early 2017 I think)? I found a listing for like 20 50w mercury ballasts for $18 each on eBay. I posted it here and they literally sold out within the week. It was glorious.

Unofficial LG Discord

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Three Way Incandescents Are Back « Reply #22 on: December 24, 2019, 11:05:10 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I think around 2014 or so.

Agreed, some 50w MV ballasts would be a great find. Hardest MV lamp to find a substitute ballast for IMO. Magnetic 35/39w PSMH ballasts with the ignitor disabled will run them but they're almost as hard to find as 50w MV ballasts.

Don't forget the 700w H-35's !   ;D

3-way incandescents never went away here .I've even seen the mogul based 100/300's at Home Repo just recently !

« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 11:11:47 AM by wide-lite 1000 » Logged

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Three Way Incandescents Are Back « Reply #23 on: December 24, 2019, 01:11:34 PM » Author: joseph_125
Don't forget the 700w H-35's !   ;D

Good point, the 700w mercury is so rare that I kinda forgot about the gear for it.
Meme Pods

View Posts
View Gallery

A nice daylight CFL

UCKBWkfqE5WPMlFZmssITqPQ
Re: Three Way Incandescents Are Back « Reply #24 on: June 14, 2020, 02:27:36 PM » Author: Meme Pods
Nice FREDOM FOR LIGHTBULBS

Down with the halogen bulbs

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies