Author Topic: Rapid start that doesn't start  (Read 10737 times)
lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Zero 88 Lighting Controls Rule!

Re: Rapid start that doesn't start « Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 06:49:25 PM » Author: lightman64
I heard it was VERY dangerous if you had a rapid-start fixture that when turned on, the ends glow red and there is no way to get it to come on.

The future of street lighting is Induction, not nasty HPS lights or cr@ppy LED lights!
Preheat CFL's should make a comeback!

don93s

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Rapid start that doesn't start « Reply #16 on: June 21, 2009, 01:57:14 PM » Author: don93s
I heard it was VERY dangerous if you had a rapid-start fixture that when turned on, the ends glow red and there is no way to get it to come on.

Never heard of that. I have seen one instance where a ballast went bad and sent the mains voltage directly to one of the lamp filaments. When turned on, it would make a bright flash on one end and instantly ruin the lamp.
Bamaslamma1003

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Rapid start that doesn't start « Reply #17 on: January 19, 2019, 10:48:11 AM » Author: Bamaslamma1003
The only dangerous thing I can think of in this case is if said fixture was over a staircase and there was no other lighting there and you fell down the stairs as a result. In rapid start fixtures, the lamp filaments are always “glowing red.” You just can’t see it because the light from the lamps overpowers it.

Power provided by Alabama Power, 120 volts 60 Hz. House is an LED free zone, tungsten and linear fluorescent only.

Men of God

View Posts
View Gallery

jiachao.wei.71 chao_813975447 UChyTpXvlQ8ZCfBPP_lJjubg chao990613
Re: Rapid start that doesn't start « Reply #18 on: March 29, 2019, 08:17:20 AM » Author: Men of God
就像我当初不懂它的电路一样,瞎摸索,然后灯管灯丝处迅速黑化。。。

我不会英文,所以我用中文,请你们用翻译网站翻译我打的字!

I can't in English, so I in Chinese, please use the translation website to translate my words!

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Rapid start that doesn't start « Reply #19 on: April 08, 2019, 06:54:10 PM » Author: Binarix128
The moistore of the air can content some ions (Na-, K+...) can be produce ashort circuit in the fixture.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies