Author Topic: Headphone re-enforcement  (Read 3721 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Headphone re-enforcement « Reply #15 on: March 11, 2020, 07:47:02 PM » Author: Rommie
I ended up buying the Westone W30 in ear monitors.

They sound wonderful.

I don't get on with in ear monitors, unless they're the made to measure type moulded to your ear canal. I had a pair of those on the bike in my motorcycling days and they were brilliant, and also did a good job of keeping out extraneous road noise.

But for home use, I prefer my Beyer DT100 headphones. They're incredibly comfortable to wear for long periods and have excellent response, although the DT150 version has better bass response.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Headphone re-enforcement « Reply #16 on: March 11, 2020, 08:28:42 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I don't get on with in ear monitors, unless they're the made to measure type moulded to your ear canal. I had a pair of those on the bike in my motorcycling days and they were brilliant, and also did a good job of keeping out extraneous road noise.

But for home use, I prefer my Beyer DT100 headphones. They're incredibly comfortable to wear for long periods and have excellent response, although the DT150 version has better bass response.

I like them. Mostly because the headphones are hard to keep from falling off of my head when I'm out and about. And I do a lot of active stuff so I prefer compactness. I do like headphones though. They offer their own advantages.

You should really get another motor bike. There is nothing like riding on two wheels. Especially through the country side at night. Love it.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 08:30:14 PM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Headphone re-enforcement « Reply #17 on: March 12, 2020, 01:35:53 PM » Author: Rommie
I like them. Mostly because the headphones are hard to keep from falling off of my head when I'm out and about. And I do a lot of active stuff so I prefer compactness. I do like headphones though. They offer their own advantages.

You should really get another motor bike. There is nothing like riding on two wheels. Especially through the country side at night. Love it.

Ah, there we differ. I don't feel the need to listen to anything while I'm out, although I could do with some better earplugs to block out all the crap that's blasted from all corners in shops etc.  :-\

Agree about the bike though, trouble is nowhere here to keep one, we're in a flat so no garage and I wouldn't want to leave one on the street in this area  :-\

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies