Author Topic: How to post on Wikipedia  (Read 507 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

RADIAL WAVES STILL LIVE!

How to post on Wikipedia « on: March 20, 2020, 01:40:38 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I am trying to post on the street light page but it says I need to create a page but I won't let me proceed. How can I fix this?

Long live Mercury Vapor and Incandescent street lighting!

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: How to post on Wikipedia « Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 02:01:42 PM » Author: rjluna2
What page are you attempting to create?  Is it a new article?  Do you have Wikipedia account?

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

RADIAL WAVES STILL LIVE!

Re: How to post on Wikipedia « Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 02:06:27 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
What page are you attempting to create?  Is it a new article?  Do you have Wikipedia account?
A photo on the US street Lighting page. I have a account.

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: How to post on Wikipedia « Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 09:09:11 AM » Author: rjluna2
I use this https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page to upload pictures and whatnot and put them in the appropriate category.  You can use this "Upload file" on the left side column.  I have frequently uploaded stuff there Smiley

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

RADIAL WAVES STILL LIVE!

Re: How to post on Wikipedia « Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 10:23:17 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
I get this.

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: How to post on Wikipedia « Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 11:00:07 AM » Author: rjluna2
That's interesting.  I didn't have problem uploading pictures when I started a few years ago Huh?

Probably too many users uploading inappropriately back then and then they had to changed the policy Huh?

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

RADIAL WAVES STILL LIVE!

Re: How to post on Wikipedia « Reply #6 on: March 21, 2020, 11:30:09 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
That's interesting.  I didn't have problem uploading pictures when I started a few years ago Huh?

Probably too many users uploading inappropriately back then and then they had to changed the policy Huh?
I am trying to add to the US Street Lighting page.

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: How to post on Wikipedia « Reply #7 on: March 21, 2020, 02:19:29 PM » Author: rjluna2
Go to Wikimedia Commons page and click on numbers of media files at the top of the main page.  Click on List of members at the Registered users field.  Type in your screen name at 'Display users starting at:' field and see what status you are.  At the moment, I am listed as 'Autopatroller' since I frequently add/manage/change the category part for a while.  I did upload some good pictures a while back before promoting to this status Huh?

You might want to contact them to see what they have to say about your uploading request.

Print 
© 2005-2020 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines