Author Topic: SOX's in The Wild!!!!  (Read 6055 times)
Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

SOX's in The Wild!!!! « on: May 14, 2020, 12:30:27 PM » Author: Bubbler Tube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8lP29XsIMU&list=LLilHC7mF7YVIgj9ygWagkWg&index=234&t=0s
 :lps: :lps: :lps:

I LOVE Bulbs, Be They The Light up Kind or the Ones That Grow...

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: SOX's in The Wild!!!! « Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 12:40:48 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8lP29XsIMU&list=LLilHC7mF7YVIgj9ygWagkWg&index=234&t=0s

That looks beautiful. Unfortunately it's a older video though. The SOX lanterns might not be there anymore. Still nice to be able to see them though.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: SOX's in The Wild!!!! « Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 03:56:00 PM » Author: Rommie
Always good to see SOX in the wild. They can keep that white stuff falling out of the sky, though  :poof: :lol: :lps: :soxltrn:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: SOX's in The Wild!!!! « Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 02:43:47 AM » Author: Bubbler Tube
That looks beautiful. Unfortunately it's a older video though. The SOX lanterns might not be there anymore. Still nice to be able to see them though.

It is and Unfortunately I Agree with You re The SOX Might Not being There Now....
But I Have it as One of My Favorites Just to See Them and The White Stuff Turn into Glitter......

I LOVE Bulbs, Be They The Light up Kind or the Ones That Grow...

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: SOX's in The Wild!!!! « Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 02:57:17 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Are you sure that's SOX? It looks like SON (HPS) to me. The light doesn't look like SOX coloured. If these were SOX lights also the lights would be long in length as well. Although I think I see SOX lights in the background.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 02:58:49 AM by fluorescent lover 40 » Logged
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: SOX's in The Wild!!!! « Reply #5 on: May 15, 2020, 09:23:03 AM » Author: Rommie
They're SOX. No larger than 35W, probably Thorn Beta 5's  :soxltrn:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Beta 5

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: SOX's in The Wild!!!! « Reply #6 on: May 15, 2020, 09:42:16 AM » Author: Beta 5
The light distribution of the lanterns look more like SON lanterns. You can see the cut off of the beam in the falling snow, I think a SOX lantern would look more diffused.

Fluorescent Forever :lfl:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: SOX's in The Wild!!!! « Reply #7 on: May 15, 2020, 09:44:32 AM » Author: Rommie
Hmmmm, possibly, now you mention it  :wndr:

Beta 5

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: SOX's in The Wild!!!! « Reply #8 on: May 15, 2020, 09:48:52 AM » Author: Beta 5
The colour of the light does look like a SOX lamp, but that could just be the camera, as I have taken photos of fully warmed up SON lamps in the past and they came out looking just like a SOX lamp.
Whatever the lamps are, the orange colour looks lovely in the snow, and the sky is lit up nicely by all the reflected light.  :lps: :son-t:

Fluorescent Forever :lfl:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: SOX's in The Wild!!!! « Reply #9 on: May 16, 2020, 11:51:55 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I agree Thomas, whatever the lamps are they give off a lovely glow and are discharge lamps.  :lps: :hps: :love:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies