Author Topic: Self Ballasted PAR38 Metal Halides in Socket Splitters  (Read 3412 times)
Xytrell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Self Ballasted PAR38 Metal Halides in Socket Splitters « Reply #15 on: June 10, 2020, 02:08:07 AM » Author: Xytrell
I've used over a dozen of the 4-way "chinese trash" socket splitters in my garage and basement for a few years now. They have CFLs ranging from 13-26W (Don't judge, they were free and I was saving them from the landfill). The only problem I've had is sometimes an intermittent contact on one or two sockets that's remedied by bending the center contact upwards.

I think you'll be fine.
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Self Ballasted PAR38 Metal Halides in Socket Splitters « Reply #16 on: June 11, 2020, 07:26:57 PM » Author: Bulbman256
I use splitters alot for my experiments and sometime general use and i think the electronically ballasted lamps don't get too hot and if the area with said bulbs doesn't get too hot itself you should be fine.

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Self Ballasted PAR38 Metal Halides in Socket Splitters « Reply #17 on: June 12, 2020, 11:01:28 AM » Author: suzukir122
Alright... I'm gonna give it a try. I'll buy a 3 lamp socket splitter from Ebay. It will of course more than likely
be a cheapo one from China, but I'll give it a try anyways. Hopefully the PAR38's can fit in the socket splitter I hope to purchase.
And I don't mean the socket splitters that branch outward. There are tons of those on Ebay, and that's not the look
I'm hoping to achieve.
I'll also get it on video once I get those socket splitters and SB MH PAR38's, all of which I will be purchasing sometime this weekend.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Self Ballasted PAR38 Metal Halides in Socket Splitters « Reply #18 on: July 04, 2020, 03:25:52 AM » Author: suzukir122
Update: I bought three 23 watt Self Ballasted PAR38 Metal Halide lamps. I also bought a "3 in 1" socket splitter that unfortunately branches
outward. Maybe this will look cooler than I originally thought, so I decided to give it a try and purchase them.
I'm also thinking about maybe buying another "3 in 1" socket splitter and using screw in Circlines. Maybe. We will see.
One more thing: the socket splitter I purchased is claimed to be a "heat resistant" one, which can also supposedly handle
incandescent lamps.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Xytrell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Self Ballasted PAR38 Metal Halides in Socket Splitters « Reply #19 on: July 04, 2020, 12:12:48 PM » Author: Xytrell
You can't fit more than 1 circline in a socket splitter because they're too big.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Self Ballasted PAR38 Metal Halides in Socket Splitters « Reply #20 on: July 04, 2020, 12:24:36 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Xytrell, it depends on the socket splitter. There are many socket splitters available online. Some of those socket
splitters can take up to 6 light bulbs or more. But as for that 3 in 1 version that I bought... I'll have to see if Circlines
are too big for it. I'm talking 22 watt Circlines, or 20 watt ones if available. Definitely nothing 32 watts or above.

The main concern I would have is whether magnetic ballasted Circline adapters would be too heavy for socket splitters and
also the main socket.

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies