Author Topic: Can we get a preview function for comments on gallery photos  (Read 544 times)
LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Can we get a preview function for comments on gallery photos « on: September 09, 2020, 11:20:35 PM » Author: LampLover
Can we get a preview (like the one that exists on the forum section of this page) function for comments on gallery photos? I don't know anything about coding so I really don't know how hard it would be or if possible at all but that function would a nice addition.

Thanks

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Can we get a preview function for comments on gallery photos « Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 08:45:49 PM » Author: Patrick
I presume you're interested in a more complete preview, is that right?  The list of comments already contains lead-in text effectively giving you a brief preview.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

Re: Can we get a preview function for comments on gallery photos « Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 12:38:13 PM » Author: LampLover
I presume you're interested in a more complete preview, is that right?  The list of comments already contains lead-in text effectively giving you a brief preview.

Yes I am taking about a preview so you can see if your links and BB coding are correct and work as intended before submitting the comment to be posted.

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Can we get a preview function for comments on gallery photos « Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 06:48:30 PM » Author: Patrick
I see, you're referring to a preview for the editor and not a preview of comments posted.  Yes, it's possible.  There might be a mod out there to do it, or if not, we could build it ourselves. 

I'm a bit leery making too many changes to the gallery at this time.  The reason being, we're already two versions behind on on Coppermine.  Upgrading poses a challenge due to the modifications we've put in place over the years.  This includes functionality such as off-topic photos, detailed light information, YouTube videos, the upload limit, member spotlight among others.  Before we make even more modifications, we should find a way to bring the site up to the current release.  As it is, we're missing out on features added by the Coppermine developers, and there's going to be a day when our version can no longer run on a modern server.  If push comes to shove, we might be forced to someday drop the modifications we have today.

So short answer, it's a good idea and if it can be added in a maintainable way, we may be able to make it happen.  But it might not be soon.  Unless we bring on a couple more developers, there will only be so many modifications we can implement, and more importantly, maintain.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

Re: Can we get a preview function for comments on gallery photos « Reply #4 on: September 20, 2020, 04:46:12 PM » Author: LampLover
I see, you're referring to a preview for the editor and not a preview of comments posted.  Yes, it's possible.  There might be a mod out there to do it, or if not, we could build it ourselves. 

I'm a bit leery making too many changes to the gallery at this time.  The reason being, we're already two versions behind on on Coppermine.  Upgrading poses a challenge due to the modifications we've put in place over the years.  This includes functionality such as off-topic photos, detailed light information, YouTube videos, the upload limit, member spotlight among others.  Before we make even more modifications, we should find a way to bring the site up to the current release.  As it is, we're missing out on features added by the Coppermine developers, and there's going to be a day when our version can no longer run on a modern server.  If push comes to shove, we might be forced to someday drop the modifications we have today.

So short answer, it's a good idea and if it can be added in a maintainable way, we may be able to make it happen.  But it might not be soon.  Unless we bring on a couple more developers, there will only be so many modifications we can implement, and more importantly, maintain.

Yes a preview for the gallery so I can see a preview of my comment before it is submitted
That is why I stated if it not too much trouble but I know nothing about web coding and from what you stated it looks like a hassle so don't worry about it until the website get a total revamp and needs a modern version of coppermine

LED Free Zone!

Print 
© 2005-2020 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines