Author Topic: Random guests going around 24/7 and printing forum topics?  (Read 1572 times)
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID lamp and fixture collector.

Re: Random guests going around 24/7 and printing forum topics? « Reply #45 on: November 19, 2020, 01:18:03 PM » Author: HPS_250
What we'd really love to do is get a canal narrowboat. We've had several holidays on them, but it's a real ambition to live aboard one. We once met a guy who'd been living on his boat for 32 years, and he loves it  8)

Not sure where we'd put all the lamps, though  :lol:

I would need to stay in a house, because I need a few rooms or a nice garage so I can collect lamps for the rest of my life.  :lol:

I like all kinds of lighting and electrical, except for LED, which I classify as a disease.
- HID lamp and fixture collector
- Vintage incandescent lamp collector
Power Company: Southern California Edison
Proudly suffering from Westinghouse Lifeguard sickness since 2019.
Save the sodium lamps!

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery

220V AC 50Hz, 525@29,970i NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Random guests going around 24/7 and printing forum topics? « Reply #46 on: November 19, 2020, 01:23:51 PM » Author: Binarix128
You would need a separated boat or a second floor for your collection.  ;D

LED will never beat other lamps. :inc: :hps: :mv:
Creator of CaptureCommons

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Random guests going around 24/7 and printing forum topics? « Reply #47 on: November 19, 2020, 01:28:51 PM » Author: HPS_250

If I was forced to live on a boat, I would put my lamps in waterproof containers, just in case...

I like all kinds of lighting and electrical, except for LED, which I classify as a disease.
Save the sodium lamps!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the mechanical side of things

Re: Random guests going around 24/7 and printing forum topics? « Reply #48 on: November 19, 2020, 01:29:46 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
A second boat, known as a 'butty' boat is a possibility.  :wndr:
But a second floor isn't...  :laugh:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love:

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber (1894 - 1961)

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Random guests going around 24/7 and printing forum topics? « Reply #49 on: November 19, 2020, 01:30:32 PM » Author: Binarix128
If I was forced to live on a boat, I would put my lamps in waterproof containers, just in case...
That's wise. I would also put them in something that can float for not to lose them.  ;D

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Random guests going around 24/7 and printing forum topics? « Reply #50 on: November 19, 2020, 01:32:13 PM » Author: HPS_250
That's wise. I would also put them in something that can float for not to lose them.  ;D

Well, you could use airtight plastic containers attached to some kind of inflatable floating device.  ;D

Save the sodium lamps!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

zzz

GoL ATL
Re: Random guests going around 24/7 and printing forum topics? « Reply #51 on: November 19, 2020, 09:25:16 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: Lightingguy1994
They are making cars with Alexa built in to them now :poof:
An open microphone in your car... that's almost as bad as an open microphone in your house. (but the fact it's tracking everywhere you go is even worse .EEK.)

I guess as long as you can 100% disable the thing it doesn't matter if its there.

Its All For The Christmas Lights...
And A Good Summer Thunderstorm!

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Random guests going around 24/7 and printing forum topics? « Reply #52 on: November 19, 2020, 10:28:46 PM » Author: Binarix128
An open microphone in your car... that's almost as bad as an open microphone in your house. (but the fact it's tracking everywhere you go is even worse .EEK.)

I guess as long as you can 100% disable the thing it doesn't matter if its there.
An open microphone and 24/7 location tracking is the least of your worries with such car. They can fill up your car with different sensors so they now can physically know more about you about your health state, weight, how you move your eyes, and then selling that info to health companies for offer you custom ads and custom prices.

The trend of customizing the prices by data mined is getting frequent. For example, a flight price may vary if you are using an Apple product or not, or Uber can vary their price by how is your battery level, and the good ol' trick of varying the price by specific cookies in your browser.

I have to add that Amazon have the full control of your car, so they can sabotage a piece of your car if you disable ad customization for example, or whatever action that is not favorable for them.

And that is legal because they put it somewhere in the terms of use, but the average user won't check nearly 1000 pages looking for sneaky dodgy stuff.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 10:33:32 PM by Binarix128 » Logged

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Random guests going around 24/7 and printing forum topics? « Reply #53 on: November 19, 2020, 10:37:45 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
A second boat, known as a 'butty' boat is a possibility.  :wndr:
But a second floor isn't...  :laugh:

Neither is a basement ! :lol:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Random guests going around 24/7 and printing forum topics? « Reply #54 on: November 19, 2020, 10:42:24 PM » Author: Binarix128
Neither is a basement ! :lol:
Unless your boat is sinking.  :mrg:

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Random guests going around 24/7 and printing forum topics? « Reply #55 on: November 19, 2020, 11:10:52 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Now they can instantly give you a high speed tax, and a custom fuel price based in how much you drive, as well as knowing where you are 24/7.  :poof:

Having Amazon or Google products in your house is not much different than having transparent glass house in the middle of the city.

Actually there is car insurance companies that will give you a lower price if you plug a dongle to your cars diagnostics port or use of a mobile phone app as well believe it or not. It will track how you drive and time of day you drive, where, how well your car is running among many other things to allow them to track how much a risk you are. And if you do anything wrong or get into any kind of accident, the data recorded and sent to them will be used in the investigations. They call it telematics.

Here is a link to one of Canadas Insurance providers with their drivewise app

Here is a link to a site that lists what cars have Alexa built in.

I wouldn't be surprised if someday soon Amazon starts offering car and home insurance. And soon I'm sure home insurance will find a way to use telematics as well. Smart home devices are already a foot in the door.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 11:12:37 PM by Lightingguy1994 » Logged

Administrator #5

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Random guests going around 24/7 and printing forum topics? « Reply #56 on: November 20, 2020, 09:28:37 AM » Author: Binarix128
They will give you a lower price, but at what cost?

If you have all Amazon products like cars, doorbells, home assistants, and also "smart" appliances like ovens, fridges, TVs and so, also you use Amazon, Google, Facebook and so virtual services frequently, and you plug in insurance companies crap to your things you will become the perfect ad profile, which can then be sold for hundreds of dollars or thousands, they will happily pay a thousand dollars because then they will make tens of thousands of dollars more of you.

Also, they might have many algorithms to know more about your physical state and psychology, which then is not only for making money of you, but also useful for governments to keep track of you.

All that reminds me a movie I watch when I was a kid that innocent appliances sold by a company becomes angry robots with the intention of damaging you, I think that movie is completely right.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 09:30:44 AM by Binarix128 » Logged

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the mechanical side of things

Re: Random guests going around 24/7 and printing forum topics? « Reply #57 on: November 20, 2020, 11:06:18 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
All of this 'technology' is supposed to lead to us living a Utopian lifeystle.  :poof:
To Ria and myself it's definitely a Dystopian one.!  :curse:
And we're not the only ones to think this way.  :'(

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love:

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber (1894 - 1961)

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Random guests going around 24/7 and printing forum topics? « Reply #58 on: November 20, 2020, 10:50:25 PM » Author: Binarix128
Even if they broadcast a documentary exposing them worldwide and in all languages they won't even loss 1% of their market quote, because people are already brainwashed, and they will say "they do that for offering us a better service". And if you think about it, that much power in a few companies is scary. They can make people think whatever they want just by tweaking first results. So if you publically do something that is not convenient to them, a billion brainwashed people army is waiting for you, so you better not annoy them, just avoid them.

What kind of utopia is a society with things like Google or Amazon watching every second of your life?  >:(

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Random guests going around 24/7 and printing forum topics? « Reply #59 on: November 28, 2020, 04:00:08 PM » Author: HPS_250
Today, there were many guests viewing the same thing again. Must be some kind of internet archiving day.

Save the sodium lamps!

Print 
© 2005-2020 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines