Author Topic: SO/H installations in Canada?  (Read 1250 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
SO/H installations in Canada? « on: July 19, 2021, 08:29:35 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
After seeing that member joseph_125 posted something regarding a SOI/H low pressure sodium floodlight being found in Canada, I am starting to wonder whether Canada had any large scale installations of SO/H low pressure sodium fixtures and street lanterns since Canada used to be a part of the British Empire.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: SO/H installations in Canada? « Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 03:19:57 AM » Author: AngryHorse
If there is any they will long have been re-lamped with SOX?
There was a small SO/H installation near me, on the old ICI chemical plant, they were even still in the original SO lanterns!, but here’s the kicker  :P, they were out of site at the back of the yard, with all the plants buildings hiding them from the road, it was only recently when they started to demolish it for houses, that they became visible, sadly though by that time the demolition site was heavily security guarded!

The lanterns and their original concrete columns disappeared a few weeks ago, I don’t know if their still lying down on site somewhere, or they have been skipped?

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies