Author Topic: Christmas light flasher lamp  (Read 697 times)
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Christmas light flasher lamp « on: November 16, 2020, 09:43:33 PM » Author: sol
Out of curiosity, does anyone here either use or know someone who uses those red tipped flasher lamps in Christmas mini lights ? I always find them annoying, however, every year, I find some replacement ones among the standard ones in hardware stores. Back in the 1980's, it was semi-common to find flashing lights in stores and restaurants, however I don't know anyone who uses them at home.

I am thinking of getting some random twinkle sets this year, but these are a completely different animal than the standard flasher lamps.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Christmas light flasher lamp « Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 08:02:03 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I used to use those red-tipped flasher-bulbs....
Then I started using electronic flasher controls that could flash multiple sets together. After that I went computer-controlled.

-----------
Good luck finding real random twinkle sets! Sadly they haven't been made in years.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Christmas light flasher lamp « Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 08:25:37 PM » Author: sol
OK, I suppose if you use enough of them, it can make for an interesting effect.

Regarding the random twinkle, I found some vintage ones on eBay. Unfortunately, they were sold before I was set to order them. I ordered some modern ones, we'll see what they are when they arrive...

Do you happen to know a reliable source for spare lamps ? I could try to get some and build my own.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Christmas light flasher lamp « Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 08:44:42 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I had a bunch of sets with the flasher bulbs... back in the day it looked fine to me, but these days, .ug. I wouldn't do it.

---
The modern random twinkle suck (in my opinion) they're at most 20% twinkle bulbs, there the real/vintage ones were 50%.
Unfortunately I have no idea where you'd get bulbs for them.
(I myself have a lifetime supply of sets .LOL. because I bought a batch cheap due to there being issues with defective bulbs in the sets, making them basically unsellable.)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies