Author Topic: Video on repairing street lights in Mexico  (Read 2973 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Video on repairing street lights in Mexico « on: November 17, 2020, 04:46:42 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Here is a video where some people repair old street lights rather than scrap them entirely. The language in this video is Spanish. Notice that the street lights seem to have US style ballasts driving European style HID lamps. Take note of the leaked HPS lamp.

Here is the video:

https://youtu.be/PaKFKg2JP_4
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 04:48:59 AM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Video on repairing street lights in Mexico « Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 07:41:04 AM » Author: Binarix128
That's a very good initiative, should be done in more parts of the world, hopefully those can last another 10 or 20 years more. :) But one day money will call and those will go LED. :(
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Video on repairing street lights in Mexico « Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 04:02:25 PM » Author: AngryHorse
This is quite commendable for Mexico, this it seems is where most of the US cobra heads are going!, better to recycle them than melting them down in a foundry?

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Video on repairing street lights in Mexico « Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 11:31:39 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Looks as if they're being converted to PSMH .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Video on repairing street lights in Mexico « Reply #4 on: November 21, 2020, 04:27:26 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Looks as if they're being converted to PSMH .

It seems like the bulbs could be compatible with the original HPS ballasts.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Video on repairing street lights in Mexico « Reply #5 on: January 05, 2021, 03:57:06 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
That's a very good initiative, should be done in more parts of the world, hopefully those can last another 10 or 20 years more. :) But one day money will call and those will go LED. :(
Yep, and those will be painted green too! Probably would install the eyeball lights! What I don’t like is that they are using standard paint instead of spray on stuff or even keeping it original, the paint will likely chip off over time.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies