Author Topic: Does anyone own a US 425w H40 mercury vapor lamp?  (Read 2106 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Does anyone own a US 425w H40 mercury vapor lamp? « on: November 22, 2020, 10:33:58 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Are there any members that have the elusive American 425w H40-17 mercury vapor lamps? They are much rarer than the US 700w H35 mercury vapor lamp but they cannot operate properly on 400w H33 mercury vapor ballasts since these lamps have a 265v arc voltage and a lamp current of 1.7a and require dedicated 480v series chokes for their operation.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Does anyone own a US 425w H40 mercury vapor lamp? « Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 06:15:27 PM » Author: Bulbman256
So that what H40 is for. Anyone know what H41 is? think H42 is 125w. If this standard was around in the 60s, be funny if they made /x lamps as that would be the rarest of the rare lamps.

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Does anyone own a US 425w H40 mercury vapor lamp? « Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 07:56:13 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
So that what H40 is for. Anyone know what H41 is? think H42 is 125w. If this standard was around in the 60s, be funny if they made /x lamps as that would be the rarest of the rare lamps.

I am not aware of H41 mercury vapor lamps but H42 is the US ANSI spec for European 125w mercury vapor lamps. However, 125w H42 mercury vapor lamps and fixtures were mostly used in Canada and rarely used in the USA.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Does anyone own a US 425w H40 mercury vapor lamp? « Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 08:02:58 PM » Author: HPS_250
I had never heard of 425w mercury vapor lamps until I saw them in a 1980s lamp catalogue, not sure from what manufacturer.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Does anyone own a US 425w H40 mercury vapor lamp? « Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 08:55:36 PM » Author: Bulbman256
I remember there was like a weird mercury vapor energy saver lamp fixture thing that used an hps ballast and i cannot remember what it was called.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Does anyone own a US 425w H40 mercury vapor lamp? « Reply #5 on: November 28, 2020, 09:14:53 PM » Author: joseph_125
Might be the Philips Lo-Volt lamp. They were pretty much only used in Electicpak fixtures using a modified 55v HPS ballast.
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Does anyone own a US 425w H40 mercury vapor lamp? « Reply #6 on: November 28, 2020, 09:21:38 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Might be the Philips Lo-Volt lamp. They were pretty much only used in Electicpak fixtures using a modified 55v HPS ballast.

I think this was it, thanks! 8) :mv:

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Does anyone own a US 425w H40 mercury vapor lamp? « Reply #7 on: November 28, 2020, 10:40:26 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
From my understanding these lamps only came in clear and with a /C phosphor.

James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Does anyone own a US 425w H40 mercury vapor lamp? « Reply #8 on: December 09, 2020, 06:03:43 PM » Author: James
425W lamps were also listed in the Sylvania 1959 and 1963 catalogues, in clear and /C types.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Does anyone own a US 425w H40 mercury vapor lamp? « Reply #9 on: December 10, 2020, 01:49:14 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
425W lamps were also listed in the Sylvania 1959 and 1963 catalogues, in clear and /C types.

I would love to see these catalogs since I do not see them on your page.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies