Author Topic: Did A23 mercury vapor lamps have any decorative applications?  (Read 1174 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Did A23 mercury vapor lamps have any decorative applications? « on: November 23, 2020, 03:37:16 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I am just wondering if there were any decorative mercury vapor fixtures that were designed with A23 mercury vapor lamps in mind where the bare lamp can be seen to give an incandescent look to the fixture such as period street lights?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Did A23 mercury vapor lamps have any decorative applications? « Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 01:21:18 AM » Author: joseph_125
A lot of indoor recessed downlights in the 70s were designed for a 100w A23 MV in place of a 150w incandescent lamp. They were also common enough in post tops to the point where a picture of a A23 mercury lamp in a post top was on the package of older Philips lamps.

BTW if you want to look a pictures of old vintage HID lights, there's a lot of old literature here with catalogues from the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s of old HID lights.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Did A23 mercury vapor lamps have any decorative applications? « Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 12:58:50 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Cool link ! That will take me DAYS to look at everything there !!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies