Author Topic: When US members travel to Europe, do they ignore the street lights?  (Read 986 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
When US members travel to Europe, do they ignore the street lights? « on: November 25, 2020, 02:01:27 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I am wondering if any US lighting gallery members who travel to Europe ignore the street lights over there.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Wireman
Re: When US members travel to Europe, do they ignore the street lights? « Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 03:00:38 PM » Author: Wireman
Seems to me that if an American was lucky enough to travel to Europe there would be a lot more to notice and streetlights wouldn't be one of them. I love lighting but I'm also waiting for my first chance to explore Europe as there is a lot more interesting things to see and experience. But hey it's just an opinion.
Wireman
Re: When US members travel to Europe, do they ignore the street lights? « Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 03:52:37 PM » Author: Wireman
Here is the only reason that I'd travel to Europe for lighting, for these beauties in this picture. What I'd give to bring them home with me. These lights are keeping my interest in lighting alive and well!
But that's the ONLY reason that I'd go to Europe for lighting. Because I'd rather be enjoying the German countryside and the FOOD!

https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=10360&pos=13&pid=188792
MikeT1982

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: When US members travel to Europe, do they ignore the street lights? « Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 11:29:19 PM » Author: MikeT1982
My mom was born in Ireland so in 2014 I went with her to visit. As the plane came down I couldn’t believe my eyes SOX SOX and more SOX. There were Sox lamps in trees on buildings lighting the sidewalks. Now mind you I wanted a sox lamp since I was a child and saw them in the Lincoln tunnel in New Jersey but couldn’t afford one. I took night walks especially to take it in. I believe they’ve moved to LED now so I was lucky to catch that.
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: When US members travel to Europe, do they ignore the street lights? « Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 11:38:32 PM » Author: Bulbman256
I have never left the united states in my life. :P But If i do somehow end up in europe, i would look into the lights and try to meet up with a few of you guys.

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: When US members travel to Europe, do they ignore the street lights? « Reply #5 on: November 26, 2020, 12:58:40 AM » Author: High Intensity
I got to go to France last year and got a few photos of some streetlights (plus other lights), but I never got around to posting them and now I would feel odd about posting them.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: When US members travel to Europe, do they ignore the street lights? « Reply #6 on: November 26, 2020, 01:02:45 AM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah same here, I've actually have quite a few lighting pictures from my travels but I never got around to posting them.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: When US members travel to Europe, do they ignore the street lights? « Reply #7 on: November 30, 2020, 07:19:18 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I got to go to France last year and got a few photos of some streetlights (plus other lights), but I never got around to posting them and now I would feel odd about posting them.
I don't see why you would feel odd about it, I posted this picture that I took about thirty years ago.  8)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Men of God

View Posts
View Gallery

jiachao.wei.71 chao_813975447 UChyTpXvlQ8ZCfBPP_lJjubg chao990613
Re: When US members travel to Europe, do they ignore the street lights? « Reply #8 on: December 07, 2020, 09:14:48 AM » Author: Men of God
我倒是也想去欧洲和美国 :'-),但是我英语不太好 ::)。但是请问有人对亚洲感兴趣吗 :lol:?我感觉亚洲的灯具基本都差不多,除了日本,我只去过韩国,韩国的路灯几乎都是LED了,中国早已是LED的天下了。 :'(

我不会英文,所以我用中文,请你们用翻译网站翻译我打的字!

I can't in English, so I in Chinese, please use the translation website to translate my words!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies