Author Topic: Does Anyone own any SO/V low pressure sodium lamps?  (Read 4000 times)
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Does Anyone own any SO/V low pressure sodium lamps? « Reply #15 on: December 01, 2020, 05:19:49 PM » Author: joseph_125
I guess that explains it, while the designation might sound official, I failed to find such a lamp when I took a look in some of the literature on Lamptech.

Yeah generally most LP sodium luminaires that would normally use a base down lamp such as a post top would instead use a frame to mount the lamp base up instead. I guess there are some fringe cases where this would be undesirable (frame blocking light and leaving a shadow on the globe for example) but the market for such a lamp would probably be minimal to warrant designing and manufacturing a lamp with a inverted discharge to allow for vertical base down operation.   
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Does Anyone own any SO/V low pressure sodium lamps? « Reply #16 on: December 01, 2020, 05:23:06 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We find that there's a very minimal shadow cast from the frame on Gemma, it all comes down to how good the refractor is at filling in the blanks...  :lps: :lps:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Does Anyone own any SO/V low pressure sodium lamps? « Reply #17 on: December 09, 2020, 05:59:52 PM » Author: James
I can confirm that an SO/V lamp never existed.  Neither did an SO/D or SO/U.  All types, right since the very beginnings of lab trials prior to manufacturing, were developed for horizontal use.  However the lower wattage lamps can tolerate being burned from cap up until cap slightly below horizontal.
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Does Anyone own any SO/V low pressure sodium lamps? « Reply #18 on: December 10, 2020, 02:06:24 AM » Author: Medved
It is just practically impossible to prevent the liquid Na from touching the lead wire seals when those seals would be the lowest part of the arctube.

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies