Author Topic: Where is the weirdest place you have found a switch or outlet in your house?  (Read 7880 times)
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Where is the weirdest place you have found a switch or outlet in your house? « Reply #30 on: November 29, 2020, 10:46:40 PM » Author: HPS_250
So far , everything I tear into gets gutted and totally redone... CORRECTLY !! All of the upstairs electrical is going in the scrap bin !!

I’m sure you’ll do a much better job than those “drunken idiots” as you called them in your gallery!

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Where is the weirdest place you have found a switch or outlet in your house? « Reply #31 on: November 29, 2020, 10:51:39 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Stevie Wonder could wire my house better than they did ! :lol: :lol:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Where is the weirdest place you have found a switch or outlet in your house? « Reply #32 on: November 29, 2020, 11:08:49 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Wide-Lite 1000, :wndr: ;D :'-) 8) I honestly believe he probably could lol

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Where is the weirdest place you have found a switch or outlet in your house? « Reply #33 on: November 30, 2020, 07:20:16 AM » Author: Binarix128
The only weird outlet I have is at the ceiling of my room, all other is weird wiring. In a hall of my house there are two pieces of exposed metal that are used to distribute the wiring, also there's no ground.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Where is the weirdest place you have found a switch or outlet in your house? « Reply #34 on: December 01, 2020, 08:56:36 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
My house doesn't sound like an electrical disaster it IS an electrical disaster! And a structural disaster, and a plumbing disaster and a HVAC disaster ! (As he runs off screaming and waving his arms wildly !! )  ::) :sadbulb:
Wouldn't it be easier, and probably cheaper, to knock the whole thing down and start again from scratch.??  :lol:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Where is the weirdest place you have found a switch or outlet in your house? « Reply #35 on: December 01, 2020, 09:04:07 AM » Author: Rommie
BUY a house they said , it'll be FUN they said !!! ::) >:( :curse:
Why do you think we rent our place..? :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Where is the weirdest place you have found a switch or outlet in your house? « Reply #36 on: December 01, 2020, 09:14:30 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Wouldn't it be easier, and probably cheaper, to knock the whole thing down and start again from scratch.??  :lol:

Hey I was the one who suggested to take out anything of value to him and then fill the place up with leds and then burn the whole lot down. Think that would work well. :lol: :lol: :lol: ::) :mrg:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Where is the weirdest place you have found a switch or outlet in your house? « Reply #37 on: December 01, 2020, 10:41:11 AM » Author: HPS_250
Why do you think we rent our place..? :mrg:

The last time I was in a rented house the landlord would get angry about every single thing that happened! One time, we had a defective smoke alarm (without removable batteries) that randomly started going off and didn’t stop for nearly 8 hours. We had to put it outside because we couldn’t shut it off, which probably annoyed some neighbors.  :lol: It literally just kept going off until the battery finally ran out. The landlord called on the phone a few times to ask what happened, and when we told her, she basically was angry for a long time (almost a month) because the replacement smoke alarm that we got wasn’t the same brand as the old one. Same thing happened when we needed to fix an oven gas line. She refused to help, so we got it fixed ourselves and then she got angry. At least from my experience, renting is NOT fun.  :lol:

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Where is the weirdest place you have found a switch or outlet in your house? « Reply #38 on: December 01, 2020, 11:21:55 AM » Author: Rommie
Depends on who you rent from. We're council tenants and we have what's known as an assured tenancy, which means that unless we do something that breaks the tenancy agreement, such as committing a criminal offence from the property like selling drugs or whatever, or anti-social behaviour like playing very loud music all day and all night, we can't be evicted.

I certainly wouldn't want to rent privately though, landlords can be very nasty sometimes, evicting people for very little reason. They've always been very good with us here; the rent is very reasonable and if anything goes wrong, such as recently when our downstairs neighbour complained about water leaking into his flat from ours (it was a leak from the bath overflow) then the council are responsible for fixing it at no cost to us.

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Where is the weirdest place you have found a switch or outlet in your house? « Reply #39 on: December 01, 2020, 11:55:31 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000

It would be . HOWEVER , I can't afford to knock it down and start over . (Besides , then I wont have anywhere to live!) So I'll just keep working at it one piece at a time !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Desultory13
Re: Where is the weirdest place you have found a switch or outlet in your house? « Reply #40 on: December 21, 2020, 04:57:59 PM » Author: Desultory13
While looking at a house that was up for sale back in the neighborhood where I grew up I found an outlet right in the middle of the dining room floor!?!?
It's anyone's guess how it got there and why????
Since the foundation of the house is a 4" thick concrete slab the box had to have been installed before the slab was poured.
Even stranger the 120v outlet is a single not a duplex.
It's brown with a brass cover plate.
I'd sure love to hear some theories about this one.
Actually this house has a lot of interesting electrical installations.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 04:59:34 PM by Desultory » Logged
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Where is the weirdest place you have found a switch or outlet in your house? « Reply #41 on: December 21, 2020, 05:19:55 PM » Author: Rommie
I've worked in plenty of offices with floor outlets for computers etc. but not come across any in residential use. The only reason I can think of is someone once had a table there and wanted a table or desk lamp on it but didn't want to run wires to the nearest wall outlet in case someone tripped over them  ???

Desultory13
Re: Where is the weirdest place you have found a switch or outlet in your house? « Reply #42 on: December 21, 2020, 06:48:31 PM » Author: Desultory13
I've worked in plenty of offices with floor outlets for computers etc. but not come across any in residential use. The only reason I can think of is someone once had a table there and wanted a table or desk lamp on it but didn't want to run wires to the nearest wall outlet in case someone tripped over them  ???
That's got to be the ONLY possibility. I've seen decorative electric candelabras on a table before. But considering the other strange things about this house anything is possible.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 07:50:56 PM by Desultory » Logged
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Where is the weirdest place you have found a switch or outlet in your house? « Reply #43 on: December 21, 2020, 07:39:30 PM » Author: Bulbman256
That's got to be the ONLY possibility. I've seen decorative electric candelabras on a table before. But considering the other strange thing about this house anything is possible.

It also has the modern perk of not tripping over your laptop charger while working! :lol:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Where is the weirdest place you have found a switch or outlet in your house? « Reply #44 on: December 21, 2020, 11:34:18 PM » Author: joseph_125
Actually a floor outlet under the dinner table would also be perfect for things like a fondue pot or hot pot where you need to plug in some sort of appliance at the table. In more recent times it's also a good place to plug in things like your phone or laptop charger. 
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies