Author Topic: IPad Crashing  (Read 2140 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

IPad Crashing « on: December 01, 2020, 12:09:26 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
When you are in a app does your iPad randomly bring you to the home screen? I try and try to restart it but it just doesn't stop. Has this happened to anyone else here?

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: IPad Crashing « Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 12:22:25 PM » Author: Binarix128
I had a similar problem but with a Samsung device. Probably your device have a touch screen problem or some humidity managed to get into the home button if it have one, randomly pressing things in your screen as how it happened to me, so you can replace the capacitive touch pad and all problems should be gone, if the problem is the home button you can replace it but it will be more difficult. Maybe your device got screwed by a firmware update, I'll recommend you to not install firmware updates in old devices unless it implicitly says that it is an specific security patch, because they are mostly to screw up your device making it slower or/and introducing failures like the one you describe on purpose to let you buy a newer product.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: IPad Crashing « Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 12:58:58 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I had a similar problem but with a Samsung device. Probably your device have a touch screen problem or some humidity managed to get into the home button if it have one, randomly pressing things in your screen as how it happened to me, so you can replace the capacitive touch pad and all problems should be gone, if the problem is the home button you can replace it but it will be more difficult. Maybe your device got screwed by a firmware update, I'll recommend you to not install firmware updates in old devices unless it implicitly says that it is an specific security patch, because they are mostly to screw up your device making it slower or/and introducing failures like the one you describe on purpose to let you buy a newer product.
Could it have anything to do with bad software or need for space?

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: IPad Crashing « Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 01:40:14 PM » Author: Binarix128
Could it have anything to do with bad software or need for space?
I doubt that the problem is a space problem, but you can try to clear up the internal memory for see if the problem corrects. If that doesn't work you would need to change the touch pad or the home button. If it is a software problem there's practically nothing to do, because apple products are well known jails that are difficult to mess around by yourself with the software, if you reset your phone it will reset with the current updated firmware and the problems will continue.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: IPad Crashing « Reply #4 on: December 01, 2020, 01:43:36 PM » Author: joseph_125
When you are in a app does your iPad randomly bring you to the home screen? I try and try to restart it but it just doesn't stop. Has this happened to anyone else here?

I have an old iPad 2 I got shortly after release running iOS 9, it happens while often when the app crashes due to running out of memory. Unfortunately with these older devices you're kinda stuck dealing with it as there are no more updates for the OS. This also means that more and more apps will also stop working as the developers drop compatibly with older OS versions first and then with older app versions. Even using the browser there are sites that will fail to load correctly either due to memory limits or just the browser version being too old.
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: IPad Crashing « Reply #5 on: December 01, 2020, 01:54:40 PM » Author: Binarix128
That's a big disadvantage of jailed systems, once it gets older and it doesn't worth to keep support to it, it just dies and just serves as a collection object. Game consoles, that are also jailed system can still be used because their games were released on phisical formats that can be bought from retro game stores, collectors or burning one image by yourself by not too clear ways.

Unlike old computers, that can still be used if you install lightweight operative systems like some linux distros, like linux mint with an lxde desktop that can successfully recuperate computer from the 2000-2012 era.
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: IPad Crashing « Reply #6 on: December 01, 2020, 03:53:19 PM » Author: HPS_250
I haven’t had any problems with my iPad crashing recently, but I had some weird overheating and battery drain problems a while ago. Thankfully it just turned out to be bad software, which actually was making the iPad constantly index photos in the background, even when in sleep mode. A simple update fixed that.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: IPad Crashing « Reply #7 on: December 01, 2020, 05:27:28 PM » Author: joseph_125
That's a big disadvantage of jailed systems, once it gets older and it doesn't worth to keep support to it, it just dies and just serves as a collection object. Game consoles, that are also jailed system can still be used because their games were released on phisical formats that can be bought from retro game stores, collectors or burning one image by yourself by not too clear ways.

Unlike old computers, that can still be used if you install lightweight operative systems like some linux distros, like linux mint with an lxde desktop that can successfully recuperate computer from the 2000-2012 era.

Yeah, but I think the iPad 2 is too old in terms of hardware to be used for much longer IMO. Mine is coming up on 10 years now and I think I'll have to look into getting a replacement tablet soon. The relatively weak ram and CPU means it struggles with a lot of modern websites.

On the other hand I find older computers to still be quite useful, especially the 2011-2012 era PCs with 2nd and 3rd gen Intel Core i5/i7 CPUs. If you upgrade the ram to 8 or 16Gb and replace the stock HDD with a SSD it's still very capable for modern tasks. Even video games, you can get by with a mid range GPU for most games if you lower your expectations (so no ray tracing, 4K etc).
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: IPad Crashing « Reply #8 on: December 01, 2020, 06:56:12 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Mine is brand new (2018) so I'm surprised that this does what it does.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: IPad Crashing « Reply #9 on: December 01, 2020, 07:04:11 PM » Author: HPS_250

What software version does it have? 13.3 seems to be the worst because it completely glitched my iPad and caused overheating. It works on 14.1 and it worked on 13.2.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: IPad Crashing « Reply #10 on: December 01, 2020, 07:08:21 PM » Author: Binarix128
What software version does it have? 13.3 seems to be the worst because it completely glitched my iPad and caused overheating. It works on 14.1 and it worked on 13.2.
Both cases are likely to be a software sabotage by an update they got. Most phone makers sabotage their phones that are from the past year and before, to keep you buying the last model every year or wasting a lot of money in their authorized "technical serviced", that best they can do is tell you to buy another phone.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 07:13:23 PM by Binarix128 » Logged
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: IPad Crashing « Reply #11 on: December 01, 2020, 07:52:58 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
14.2, it actually wants me to install another update.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: IPad Crashing « Reply #12 on: December 01, 2020, 09:52:11 PM » Author: HPS_250
14.2, it actually wants me to install another update.

That’s weird, I haven’t updated mine to 14.2, but 14.1 seems to be without problems. If 14.2 keeps crashing, your best bet is probably to update to the next version. If that version works, don’t update again until you know that the next version is stable.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: IPad Crashing « Reply #13 on: December 02, 2020, 08:04:23 PM » Author: HPS_250
Any luck with your iPad?

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: IPad Crashing « Reply #14 on: December 02, 2020, 08:22:43 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Haven't updated it yet, right now it seems fine.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies