Author Topic: I’m lucky to be alive and posting this right now...  (Read 2653 times)
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
I’m lucky to be alive and posting this right now... « on: December 02, 2020, 11:23:12 PM » Author: HPS_250
Well, I’m lucky to be alive to post this topic right now. Today, I went for a walk at night on Mission Oaks Blvd in Camarillo, CA. I was just enjoying some incandescent Christmas lights along the houses on that road, and I saw a dark object moving in the distance. Near the end of the road, where the street lighting started, a car (Jeep, if I remember correctly) came down the road at an extreme speed (Probably at least 70 MPH). The person was obviously drunk, swerving all over the place and hitting the curb multiple times. I was on the sidewalk about 10 feet away, and I tried to get away from the car as fast as possible. The car immediately turned off its headlights and sped up, heading straight for me. I just jumped into the landscaping on the side of road and the car hit the curb hard, swerving away again and driving through the median. The car continued on the wrong side of the road up to a major intersection. I really hope it didn’t hurt anyone.  :'( I’m happy to be alive and able to be here on LG....

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I’m lucky to be alive and posting this right now... « Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 11:25:07 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Wow that's scary! :o  Glad you're okay! :)
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: I’m lucky to be alive and posting this right now... « Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 11:26:28 PM » Author: HPS_250
Wow that's scary! :o  Glad you're okay! :)

I’m certainly shaken up, but okay!  ;D I had a car accident on December 7 last year, so it seems any December “se” (second and seventh) are cursed for me.  :o

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I’m lucky to be alive and posting this right now... « Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 11:27:05 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I hope police were made aware of this. Glad to hear you got away

Administrator #5

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: I’m lucky to be alive and posting this right now... « Reply #4 on: December 02, 2020, 11:27:54 PM » Author: HPS_250
I hope police were made aware of this. Glad to hear you got away

I had my iPad with me, and I tried to take photos, but scarily the car had NO LICENSE PLATES on it. ???
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 11:31:18 PM by HPS_250 » Logged

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I’m lucky to be alive and posting this right now... « Reply #5 on: December 02, 2020, 11:31:15 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
That's unfortunate the car didn't have plates on it. I always find a car sketchy if it doesn't have plates on it.
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: I’m lucky to be alive and posting this right now... « Reply #6 on: December 02, 2020, 11:32:03 PM » Author: HPS_250
That's unfortunate the car didn't have plates on it. I always find a car sketchy if it doesn't have plates on it.

Me too, definitely a sketchy car. Another weird thing is that once it started going towards me, the headlights were turned off.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: I’m lucky to be alive and posting this right now... « Reply #7 on: December 02, 2020, 11:32:50 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yikes, glad to hear you're okay. That car is definitely sketchy for sure.
lifeguard

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I’m lucky to be alive and posting this right now... « Reply #8 on: December 02, 2020, 11:51:22 PM » Author: lifeguard
Glad to know you're alive. You should definitely do every to get that person caught. I believe the turning off of the headlights probably meant they were aware even when drunk or under the influence. Unlicensed vehicles are definitely sketchy although it can make the search for the specific vehicle and person easier.
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: I’m lucky to be alive and posting this right now... « Reply #9 on: December 02, 2020, 11:54:04 PM » Author: HPS_250
Glad to know you're alive. You should definitely do every to get that person caught. I believe the turning off of the headlights probably meant they were aware even when drunk or under the influence. Unlicensed vehicles are definitely sketchy although it can make the search for the specific vehicle and person easier.

I’m glad too. I will definitely do everything I know to do or can do to get the person caught. I thought it was sketchy when they turned off the headlights too, and maybe they did know whatever was happening to them. The photo came out to be of the ground because I jumped into the road landscaping at the time of taking it. The car was a very dark green Jeep, not sure of the model.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: I’m lucky to be alive and posting this right now... « Reply #10 on: December 03, 2020, 12:04:47 AM » Author: Bulbman256
I know this sounds a bit repetitive But I'm glad your ok dude, Waking up to the news of a fellow lg member being killed would not help me out in one bit right now. :sadbulb: Please do report this to the police im sure they could help you out and catch the fool. :police: Did the jeep have any offroading mods? Most jeeps people think of are the wrangler style models, im sure a dark green wrangler with no plates will stick out like a sore thumb to the cops.

Keep safe dude. :love:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: I’m lucky to be alive and posting this right now... « Reply #11 on: December 03, 2020, 09:00:07 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Glad to hear that you're okay.  :-*

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: I’m lucky to be alive and posting this right now... « Reply #12 on: December 03, 2020, 09:53:42 PM » Author: HPS_250
I know this sounds a bit repetitive But I'm glad your ok dude, Waking up to the news of a fellow lg member being killed would not help me out in one bit right now. :sadbulb: Please do report this to the police im sure they could help you out and catch the fool. :police: Did the jeep have any offroading mods? Most jeeps people think of are the wrangler style models, im sure a dark green wrangler with no plates will stick out like a sore thumb to the cops.

Keep safe dude. :love:

I can finally respond lol, because I had reached my post limit yesterday. No problem with it being repetitive, it’s nice to hear anyway.  ;D :love: I am still working on a way to report it to the police, because I don’t have any evidence and the car had no plates. The Jeep didn’t have any off-roading mods, but it did have a roof rack. It was probably a wrangler, and definitely very dark green.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I’m lucky to be alive and posting this right now... « Reply #13 on: December 04, 2020, 04:52:05 AM » Author: Ash
Knock on the doors of businesses along the road you thing the jeep came from, ask if they have CCTV of the outside ?
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I’m lucky to be alive and posting this right now... « Reply #14 on: December 04, 2020, 06:42:24 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Great to here that you’re still here! Naturally I’m sure the cops were nowhere to be found.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies