Author Topic: Lowes and Home Depot stopped selling vintage style bathroom light  (Read 2084 times)
flyoffacliff

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lowes and Home Depot stopped selling vintage style bathroom light « Reply #15 on: December 12, 2020, 04:58:56 PM » Author: flyoffacliff
My current apartment was renovated and rewired in 1985 and has one of these style fixtures above the kitchen sink. It doesn't have an outlet and the pull chain was replaced with one of those things that you twist clockwise and it clicks, lol.
Will always have to have a scorce fixture with a built-in switch in that spot because it's hardwired in a brick wall.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Lowes and Home Depot stopped selling vintage style bathroom light « Reply #16 on: December 12, 2020, 05:28:45 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
No problem! Do you want one with a white or black base?
Can we see a picture of the fitting.?  :wndr:
We're thinking black, but without seeing the exact one we can't be sure.  :-*
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 05:31:07 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Lowes and Home Depot stopped selling vintage style bathroom light « Reply #17 on: December 12, 2020, 06:40:10 PM » Author: Cole D.
Cool! That's what I need the wall mount kind. The one you bought? Can an incandescent bulb still be used in it?

Yep! They just have a regular medium based porcelain socket so can use any kind of bulb. I think they look best with a clear incandescent, as shown on the box. But for some reason I also kind of like swirly CFLs in them too.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Desultory13
Re: Lowes and Home Depot stopped selling vintage style bathroom light « Reply #18 on: December 12, 2020, 08:17:07 PM » Author: Desultory13
Can we see a picture of the fitting.?  :wndr:
We're thinking black, but without seeing the exact one we can't be sure.  :-*
As soon as I get a picture I'll show them to you. I plan to go sometime this week.
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Lowes and Home Depot stopped selling vintage style bathroom light « Reply #19 on: December 13, 2020, 12:07:35 AM » Author: Bulbman256
As soon as I get a picture I'll show them to you. I plan to go sometime this week.

Get one with the little outlets on the side, I'm sure Ria would love such a thing! :lol: :mrg: :love: >:D

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Lowes and Home Depot stopped selling vintage style bathroom light « Reply #20 on: December 13, 2020, 12:43:30 AM » Author: joseph_125
Get one with the little outlets on the side, I'm sure Ria would love such a thing! :lol: :mrg: :love: >:D

Don't worry I think these also come with a nice pack of Marrettes I mean wire nuts in them.  :lol: :slap:
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies