Author Topic: Lowes GE LED Tube Options  (Read 1580 times)
Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Lowes GE LED Tube Options « on: December 20, 2020, 08:20:24 PM » Author: Patrick
Lowes is selling these GE color selection LED tubes now.  They include the following.
Item #2565452/Model #93129276
Item #2565453/Model #93129275
Item #2644031/Model #93129309
Item #2644032/Model #93129310

Can any of you figure out how these differ?  I don't understand why they are selling four different versions of a lamp with identical or nearly identical specs.  It looks like two of them are T8/T12 and another two are T8 only.  That partially explains things, but the T8/T12 appears to be just as good on T8 as the T8-only, so why sell both?  The two T12 versions might have different rated life, but the price is the same and the listed specs match despite the picture differences.  The two that are T8-only appear identical in every way.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lowes GE LED Tube Options « Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 02:15:58 AM » Author: Medved
I can not access their pages, but one possible differentiation among otherwise the same product variants:
Aren't they intended for operation at different fluorescent ballasts (T12 IS, T12 RS, T8, straight main,...)?

No more selfballasted c***

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Lowes GE LED Tube Options « Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 02:05:24 PM » Author: Patrick
I'm just frustrated that there aren't detailed specs for some of these items online, not enough to differentiate between them.  Given the pandemic, it make sense to order as much online or for curbside pickup as possible, but sometimes the only way to know for sure what you're getting is to go to the store and look at the actual package.  These tubes for instance are not listed in the GE residential or commercial catalogs.  These two halves of GE aren't even part of the same company anymore, which makes matters even more interesting.  GE Savant and GE Daintree are both selling LED and conventional lamps, with some amount of overlap.  Anyway, I've often found the online catalogs of the off-brands such as Feit and Westinghouse are more thorough.  If it's a GE, Philips, or Sylvania product, half the times I can't locate it online.  Plus with with store-exclusives and separate consumer/professional products, the lamps vary from one distributor to the next.

On a side note, I also spotted an A-shaped lamp with adjustable color temperature.  They don't actually have any, and once again, they're not in GE's catalog, but they exist in theory.

It reminds me when I encountered the opposite issue with the GE Reveal Circline lamp.  Those were present in GE's catalog, but I've never once seen one.  I'm not sure if they ever made it to production before GE began scaling back the Reveal fluorescents.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Miles

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lowes GE LED Tube Options « Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 02:22:49 AM » Author: Miles
According to specs regardless of item #, the ones in the green box are rated for T12 ballasts + T8, at 2,400 lumens, 50,000 hours lifespan. The ones in the orange box are rated T8 only, at 1,900 lumens, 36,000 hours lifespan.

What doesn't make sense is higher lumens, chips driven harder should mean shorter life. Looking closer, green box reads "Rated to last 16 years based on 6 hours per day use, whereas the orange one says "Rated to last 22 years based on 6 hours per day"

So there is obviously a mistake that was input incorrectly in the specs table and body text description.

So the only difference is lumen rating (2,400 vs. 1,900), lifespan and ballast compatibility. Both are however 15 watts.
HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: Lowes GE LED Tube Options « Reply #4 on: August 28, 2022, 04:57:59 PM » Author: HIDLad001
Awhile ago we retrofitted 2 of the wraparounds in our house to try LED tubes out. I am not sure where we got them, But I am quite happy with them.

HID Fixtures should stay HID!
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies