Author Topic: birthday is coming up  (Read 2410 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
birthday is coming up « on: December 22, 2020, 08:17:36 PM » Author: suzukir122
My birthday is coming up. Lowercase B. Still going through major depression, and my birthday is making it much, much worse. If I'm still around
and feeling better on the time of my birthday, I may attempt to celebrate with a lights and motorcycle video or something, but just not feeling it.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: birthday is coming up « Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 08:45:11 PM » Author: HPS_250
I’ve never been a huge fan of my own birthday either, because I don’t like drawing so much attention to myself. I try to celebrate, but keep it small and sometimes just with family. I’m sorry to hear that you are going through depression, I haven’t experienced that before but I understand that it can be hard. My lighting hobby always cheers me up slightly at least, so maybe try to focus of yours during your birthday.  :)

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: birthday is coming up « Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 08:55:58 PM » Author: suzukir122
@HPS_250, of course. :) HPS, MH, MV, Fluorescent... vintage lighting... get that stuff within my view and it'll always get me talking lights.
I've been going through depression for years, and it continues to worsen. My birthday, especially now, is not something I'm proud to celebrate.
It'll be on December 27th, and I'm trying to figure out what exactly I'm going to do, because I continue to spiral downhill.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: birthday is coming up « Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 09:14:11 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Hey man , I think pretty much everyone is experiencing depression in some form or another with all of this crap happening this year . When I was younger, I couldn't wait for my birthday to get here , now I just wish it'd just take it's time since all I see my birthday as is a reminder of all of the things I didn't do or missed out on  . So yeah ,  I feel for ya . So just take it easy and one day at a time . You CAN GET THROUGH THIS !!!! I'm sure there will be a semi warm day or 2 coming up ( I won't say warm as this IS Ohio ! :lol:) so maybe you'll be able to get your bike out for a bit . So just FIGHT IT and DO NOT let depression get the better of you !!   Just stay strong and hang in there man !!!!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: birthday is coming up « Reply #4 on: December 22, 2020, 09:34:24 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Wide-lite 1000, thanks man. Tomorrow will be around 54 degrees and windy both here in Dayton and Columbus. I work later on
but I'll probably take my Daytona out for a ride or two before work.
I'm really trying to fight it, and I've been fighting it since 2010.
With me, it's not just the reminder of things I've missed out on, it's more along the lines of, "I've seen enough," if that
makes any sense.

Interests:

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: birthday is coming up « Reply #5 on: December 22, 2020, 09:39:30 PM » Author: HPS_250
@HPS_250, of course. :) HPS, MH, MV, Fluorescent... vintage lighting... get that stuff within my view and it'll always get me talking lights.
I've been going through depression for years, and it continues to worsen. My birthday, especially now, is not something I'm proud to celebrate.
It'll be on December 27th, and I'm trying to figure out what exactly I'm going to do, because I continue to spiral downhill.

Yep, lighting always works for me too! You can get through this!

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: birthday is coming up « Reply #6 on: December 22, 2020, 09:52:44 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Well KEEP FIGHTING  ! Hopefully I'm not outta line asking this but have you talked with a professional about how you're feeling ??

Hang in there , hopefully you can find a way to beat this put this all behind you .

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: birthday is coming up « Reply #7 on: December 23, 2020, 09:48:21 PM » Author: CEB1993
Happy birthday to you Suzukir122  :D I hope you have a really nice day and get to do what makes you happy!

I know depression hurts, and I admit I’ve been feeling discouraged about some stuff in my life this year. Please understand that you’re not alone with your struggles with depression. There are many people and resources in your community who will listen and offer compassionate and encouraging help. There’s no shame in seeking help for mental health concerns and I believe anyone can benefit from it. I know I have.

Take care and I hope you have a blessed Christmas and an awesome birthday and find the time to enjoy the many great things life has to offer  :)

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: birthday is coming up « Reply #8 on: December 24, 2020, 08:05:09 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Happy early birthday! Hey, you can get through this! This year has brought out the worst in everything but someday it’ll just be something to laugh about! Keep pushing through! :) ;)

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: birthday is coming up « Reply #9 on: December 25, 2020, 05:41:15 PM » Author: Rommie
I don't mind birthdays as such, it's the reminder I'm getting older that's the problem :-\  :DeAtH:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: birthday is coming up « Reply #10 on: December 27, 2020, 01:07:45 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
HAPPY BIRTHDAY suzukir122 !!  8;) :candle: : :ff:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 01:19:28 PM by wide-lite 1000 » Logged

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: birthday is coming up « Reply #11 on: December 27, 2020, 01:29:33 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Happy birthday! :hpscobra: :mvcobra: :mhcob:

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: birthday is coming up « Reply #12 on: December 27, 2020, 11:26:05 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Happy Birthday suzukir122! (I think I got the full spectrum in there??)
Go out and enjoy life while you're still young! Truly do it!
( being old & worn out like i am sucks )

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: birthday is coming up « Reply #13 on: December 27, 2020, 11:35:51 PM » Author: suzukir122
Thanks for the birthday wishes guys. It wasn't a good one, (spent it alone) but I'm still here

Interests:

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: birthday is coming up « Reply #14 on: December 27, 2020, 11:38:43 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Happy bday dude! ;D I know life sucks right now, covid has all hurt us one way or another. :sadbulb: My advice is to enjoy the small positives in life and to just be yourself and take a bit of downtime every once in a while, rest really helps dude!. :D

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies