Author Topic: Google Street View Finds  (Read 33002 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Google Street View Finds « Reply #60 on: December 06, 2021, 02:34:21 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Good to know. They do resemble lanterns commonly seen in Europe.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Google Street View Finds « Reply #61 on: December 13, 2021, 11:38:11 PM » Author: Burrito
Oh yeah i think back in October i tried to post google maps pics of M400A's that where removed but then they got deleted by someone.

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Google Street View Finds « Reply #62 on: December 28, 2021, 02:22:26 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Here’s an old GE Form 406 Fluorescent fixture that is near the Manchester/Auburn Traffic circle, right where I played my baseball games! How on earth did I not spot it out earlier!

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Google Street View Finds « Reply #63 on: December 28, 2021, 02:38:50 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
CreeRSW207 - The link doesn't work.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Google Street View Finds « Reply #64 on: December 28, 2021, 03:37:22 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Hmm, Here's a maps link.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Google Street View Finds « Reply #65 on: December 28, 2021, 03:40:58 PM » Author: Econolite03
Woah, that’s pretty cool!
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Google Street View Finds « Reply #66 on: December 28, 2021, 03:57:40 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
It is! I wonder if it works at all. Also note the decent amount of MV NEMA rentals that light the parking lot as well.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Google Street View Finds « Reply #67 on: January 10, 2022, 02:17:42 AM » Author: Econolite03
I found some hack job done by a contractor hired by Caltrans.

Apparently when they were installing a row of GE M-250A2s on Firestone Blvd alongside the I-5 Freeway, it appears the contractor not only installed 200W lamps in 150W HPS luminaries, but literally cut holes in the reflectors so that the 200W lamps would fit as they appeared to not understand how the sockets are adjustable on the fixtures to accommodate longer lamps.

See Here
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Google Street View Finds « Reply #68 on: January 10, 2022, 02:50:56 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Those don't look like CalTrans-owned lights. They appear to be city-owned as even though they're along a freeway, doesn't mean they're owned by CalTrans. CalTrans never used M-250A2s as far as I know, and plus, they have luminaires made to their specs and I doubt they'd do something like this. CalTrans never used 150w HPS lights either, though possibly for the underpass lights.

Hurts to look at, that's for sure. Wonder what they're trying to do there?
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Google Street View Finds « Reply #69 on: January 10, 2022, 03:58:44 AM » Author: Econolite03
Oops I should have mentioned they’re city owned, sorry for the confusion.

The contractor Caltrans hired for the nearby bridge construction as well as the widening for this portion of the freeway did install them as part of the whole project. Basically one vendor does all the lighting, for both the state and city owned under contract with Caltrans to streamline the work so the city doesn’t have to put their poles up themselves.

Yeah, I think whoever put them up was kinda dumb.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Google Street View Finds « Reply #70 on: January 11, 2022, 02:05:39 AM » Author: joseph_125
Interesting looking sheoboxes spotted in a subdivision in Quebec City.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Google Street View Finds « Reply #71 on: January 15, 2022, 01:17:16 AM » Author: Cole D.
Teardrop fixtures (brand/model?) in Georgia

Old gas station light in Georgia

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Google Street View Finds « Reply #72 on: February 02, 2022, 06:17:40 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I saw some saddening sights on google earth today. I was exploring around Hampton NH today to see some old lights on streetview and I surely saw what I asked for, I saw a MV Crescent moon and just down the street was a remote ballast Westinghouse OV20. Why are these sights saddening you ask? Well Hampton went LED in late 2019 and the Affinity lights probably killed them all off. It’s possible they got lazy and kept the OV20 but the crescent moon is definitely gone. That OV20 is probably the last known remote ballast fixture in Exeter-Hampton electric area and that crescent moon is one of two known in Exeter-Hampton territory. I will have to go back and see for sure whether they’re still there or not.

AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: Google Street View Finds « Reply #73 on: February 02, 2022, 06:39:01 PM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
I have found what I call the Soul survivour. It is a modern beta 5 on a steel pole. Not too impressive in itself. But look around the surrounding streets. Literally everything else has been converted to LED. This is the only SOX left. There are a few vehicles parked at the side of the road; I think they may have been what saved the lantern from the bucket truck. I visited the street about a year ago and it was still there, burning brightly at night. Sidenote: that trip to the Beta 5 got my my MA50. That's what I call good luck.
Minoa

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Google Street View Finds « Reply #74 on: February 05, 2022, 05:10:33 PM » Author: Minoa
Kempthorne Avenue, September 2020 (source). I say this because the REVO Hyperion A model used to have a significant presence in some main roads of Islington and Hackney (both London) until the late 1990s, and may be one of the reasons why I got interested in street lights.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies