Author Topic: HPS retrofits  (Read 2110 times)
djthomas
HPS retrofits « on: May 18, 2009, 11:50:12 AM » Author: djthomas
Has anybody else ever noticed that on older fixtures that are now HPS (for example the OV-25), there's a small round thing protruding from the underside of the lamp, like right below where the photoeye would be if it was so equipped?  Is there something that has to be added to an HPS light that needs to be partially mounted external to the fixture?  I'll try to capture a photo of one next time I can, but most of the ones I've seen are on freeways where it's not practical to stop and take a picture.

Just curious what that is.  I'm wondering if the starter or cap has to be mounted outside for whatever reason.  Really strange.
lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: HPS retrofits « Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 07:15:31 PM » Author: lite_lover
It could be a level for mounting or ajusting the beam pattern,the starter would be able to fit inside.Are these full cut off fixtures?

The brighter the better.

djthomas
Re: HPS retrofits « Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 05:30:58 PM » Author: djthomas
It could be a level for mounting or ajusting the beam pattern,the starter would be able to fit inside.Are these full cut off fixtures?
Nope, these are regular drop lens lights.  I found one I can probably get a picture of from a bridge.  It'll have to wait a bit because we're just about to head out of town for a few days.  I'll get one up as soon as I can snap it.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies