Author Topic: What are the rarest lamps and fixtures that you regret not buying?  (Read 616 times)
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
What are the rarest lamps and fixtures that you regret not buying? « on: January 10, 2021, 11:25:24 PM » Author: HPS_250
What are the rarest lamps or fixtures that you regret not buying or have missed out on? For me, it’s a NOS Westinghouse Lifeguard H38HT-100 that I missed out on from eBay.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What are the rarest lamps and fixtures that you regret not buying? « Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 11:50:46 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I've missed out on multiple different OV-20's on eBay .  :-[

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What are the rarest lamps and fixtures that you regret not buying? « Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 12:09:56 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
American Electric Model 13-000 on eBay

It was gone shortly before I got my Series 115.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 12:13:44 AM by fluorescent lover 40 » Logged
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: What are the rarest lamps and fixtures that you regret not buying? « Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 12:25:34 AM » Author: HPS_250
Both of those fixtures are rare. I’ve been hoping to find an OV-20 as well, or pretty much any Westinghouse fixture.

Just curious, is the sold listing for that American Electric 13-000 still up? I don’t think I’ve ever seen one before.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: What are the rarest lamps and fixtures that you regret not buying? « Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 01:52:25 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
One rare lamp that I regret not buying is the recent GE H400A33-1/T16 lamp with the bonusline style packaging.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What are the rarest lamps and fixtures that you regret not buying? « Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 02:33:25 AM » Author: joseph_125
Probably the few times a 400w medium pressure MV went up on eBay for a price that I could afford and ended up not getting. As for Restore stuff, the GTE Sylvania 400w T16 clear mercury lamp for $20 comes to mind.

That and the rest of the 175w and 250w 1960s clear GE Bonusline MVs from this lot that I left at the Restore. Of course they were gone the next time I went D'oh. At least I picked up one of each wattage.

The other was probably the one and only time I saw a 4ft louvered fixture at the Restore I decided not to get it. Been looking for another once since.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies