Author Topic: Gamma 6 floor lamp Mk II  (Read 4653 times)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Gamma 6 floor lamp Mk II « on: January 13, 2021, 06:46:38 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We're awaiting the arrival of another Gamma 6 lantern, this time it's got the gear for an MV lamp.  :mv-t:

So I'll need to order another post to mount it on, then it will sit at the other side of our sofa.  8)

Unfortunately there is a slight crack in the refractor, so if anyone can point us in the direction of a replacement, we'd be very grateful.  :-*
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 06:52:00 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Gamma 6 floor lamp Mk II « Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 06:56:19 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Got a name for the new face in the house? :D ;D

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Gamma 6 floor lamp Mk II « Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 06:58:20 PM » Author: Rommie
Got a name for the new face in the house? :D ;D
Funny you should ask, we were just discussing that..! For rather complex reasons, which we won't go into here unless you want to get totally confused and bewildered, we've decided on calling him Gary  ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Gamma 6 floor lamp Mk II « Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 07:01:20 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Funny you should ask, we were just discussing that..! For rather complex reasons, which we won't go into here unless you want to get totally confused and bewildered, we've decided on calling him Gary  ;D

I do want to be confused, although it might be a bit much for it today considering i took a final, but go ahead! ;D :mrg: Gary is a good name for it! :D

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Gamma 6 floor lamp Mk II « Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 07:08:01 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I do want to be confused, although it might be a bit much for it today considering i took a final, but go ahead! ;D :mrg: Gary is a good name for it! :D
Gary is the name of a character in a series of books we like, and he's bit of a wide boy always looking for the latest angle he can work. :police:
And as our new lamp has got a wide hat, it seemed appropriate.  :D

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Gamma 6 floor lamp Mk II « Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 09:45:35 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Gary is the name of a character in a series of books we like, and he's bit of a wide boy always looking for the latest angle he can work. :police:
And as our new lamp has got a wide hat, it seemed appropriate.  :D

Makes sense! :police: And it fits with the theme! 8;)

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Gamma 6 floor lamp Mk II « Reply #6 on: January 14, 2021, 01:16:20 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Thanks, pics will follow once we have the lantern.  8)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Gamma 6 floor lamp Mk II « Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 05:10:20 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Update:

Our favourite courier driver delivered the lantern tonight, by the time it got acclimatised it was too late to fire him up, so that will be done tomorrow.  :a_mv:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 05:12:29 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Gamma 6 floor lamp Mk II « Reply #8 on: January 14, 2021, 07:30:50 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Update:

Our favourite courier driver delivered the lantern tonight, by the time it got acclimatised it was too late to fire him up, so that will be done tomorrow.  :a_mv:

Can't wait! ;D :police:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Gamma 6 floor lamp Mk II « Reply #9 on: January 15, 2021, 12:56:14 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Gary had his first lighting today, though Ria did have to do a partial rewire first, as the chap who had restored it hadn't left long enough wires on it.  :wndr:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Gamma 6 floor lamp Mk II « Reply #10 on: January 15, 2021, 01:32:24 PM » Author: Rommie
Gary had his first lighting today, though Ria did have to do a partial rewire first, as the chap who had restored it hadn't left long enough wires on it.  :wndr:
Pictures are up now - Unlit and lit  :mv:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Gamma 6 floor lamp Mk II « Reply #11 on: January 15, 2021, 05:31:35 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I've had a look at the website of the company that sells the post that we need, and have left a message for them to get in touch with me.  :)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Gamma 6 floor lamp Mk II « Reply #12 on: January 19, 2021, 06:51:46 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
They have been in touch, and we will have to buy the next size of post up, as getting a one off custom post would cost too much,

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Gamma 6 floor lamp Mk II « Reply #13 on: January 26, 2021, 09:02:15 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
UPDATE:

I finally got round to ordering the post late yesterday, and had a notification that it had been dispatched at 18:15.  :wndr:
Delivery should take 2 to 3 working days, so we were very surprised when there was a knock on the door at about 13:45 today.  :poof:
There stood a courier with the post in  his hands and a very baffled look on his face.  :lol:

Our next job will be to cut a bit off the length of it, as it's a bit long too stand up and leave room to put Gary on top.

EDIT
I have just worked it out, it was about 19 1/2 hours from dispatch to delivery.  8)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 05:05:28 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Gamma 6 floor lamp Mk II « Reply #14 on: January 26, 2021, 10:10:41 AM » Author: Rommie
I could practically read his thoughts - "what the **** do they want this for" ???  :lol:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies