Author Topic: Difference between ML and MLL lamps  (Read 4025 times)
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Difference between ML and MLL lamps « Reply #15 on: January 30, 2021, 05:17:00 PM » Author: Jovan
I wouldn't be at all surprised  :(

To me, it is sad what has happened to a once great company  :-\
Yes.Luckily their lamps are common.We can say that our local bulbs are the best,but the Philips brought their techbology to almost every factory in Europe after WW2 and it woould be shame to disappear.
James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Difference between ML and MLL lamps « Reply #16 on: February 01, 2021, 07:45:03 AM » Author: James
Yes Philips sold its Lighting division to a Chinese investment bank a couple of years ago, and they re-named the company Signify.  For now Signify has the right to use the Philips brand under a royalty scheme, but I think they may drop that.  It’s interesting to see that Signify has been resurrecting its old Mazda brand in some countries, so I wonder if they might not change to that so as to realise a big cost saving by ending the brand royalty payments to Philips.
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Difference between ML and MLL lamps « Reply #17 on: February 01, 2021, 05:48:58 PM » Author: Jovan
Yes Philips sold its Lighting division to a Chinese investment bank a couple of years ago, and they re-named the company Signify.  For now Signify has the right to use the Philips brand under a royalty scheme, but I think they may drop that.  It’s interesting to see that Signify has been resurrecting its old Mazda brand in some countries, so I wonder if they might not change to that so as to realise a big cost saving by ending the brand royalty payments to Philips.
Was Philips in minus with production or they don't want to make lamps anymore ?Even though that Philips is brand which is common here their lamps can be rare and interesting.This is quite respected brand here among Tesla.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Difference between ML and MLL lamps « Reply #18 on: February 01, 2021, 05:54:28 PM » Author: Rommie
Sadly, I think that all the people in charge now (investment bankers, remember) want to do is make money. Brands, products, or the quality of them, or even the customer, isn't important any more. All that matters is the bottom line.

Perhaps I'm being over-cynical, and I have to be careful not to stray into dangerous or political territory here, but I really do think that all that they care about is how much money they're making  :-\

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Difference between ML and MLL lamps « Reply #19 on: February 01, 2021, 06:06:25 PM » Author: Jovan
Sadly, I think that all the people in charge now (investment bankers, remember) want to do is make money. Brands, products, or the quality of them, or even the customer, isn't important any more. All that matters is the bottom line.

Perhaps I'm being over-cynical, and I have to be careful not to stray into dangerous or political territory here, but I really do think that all that they care about is how much money they're making  :-\
I don't see this as political,because we are talkibg about owner of factory and its future.I don't get mad,triggered or furious when normal political discussion is held.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Difference between ML and MLL lamps « Reply #20 on: February 01, 2021, 06:09:10 PM » Author: Rommie
I don't see this as political,because we are talkibg about owner of factory and its future.I don't get mad,triggered or furious when normal political discussion is held.
All the same, let's try to stay on topic, please.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Olav
Re: Difference between ML and MLL lamps « Reply #21 on: February 07, 2021, 07:52:37 PM » Author: Olav
Hello Jovan,

here is a comparison between two PHILIPS ML160-lamps:

Both lamps named ML 160

Greetings from Hamburg

Olav
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Difference between ML and MLL lamps « Reply #22 on: February 08, 2021, 04:26:09 PM » Author: Jovan
Hello Jovan,

here is a comparison between two PHILIPS ML160-lamps:

Greetings from Hamburg

Olav
Awesome lamps.These are quite old.Thanks for photo
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 04:35:11 PM by Jovan » Logged
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies