Author Topic: have they stopped making fluorescent lights?  (Read 10851 times)
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: have they stopped making fluorescent lights? « Reply #15 on: January 30, 2021, 10:46:56 PM » Author: Bulbman256
It's the same HUGE size as all of the rest of the stores in the area.
Basically, at least at this location anyway, the got rid of the fluorescents and replaced them with LED retrofits.
The same goes for their HID offerings.
Replaced with LEDs.
As I said this is just one of many stores in my area I didn't bother with the others because Lowe's has what I need. They even offered to take special orders for me provided that the tube I want is still available.
Maybe I'll check some of the other Home Depots to see if they still have any fluorescents.
I still go there anyway for Leviton electrical devices, which Lowe's does not have.
Maybe you're right. Maybe this one location is a trial store to see how sales are.
If that's the case then they picked a bad location as that area, well I doubt if the people in that area care what kind of bulbs they buy.

Seems odd that they are already changing, just 6 mounths ago they decided to swap from Phillips to feit for there hid and some other lamps. ???

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

alexd120

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: have they stopped making fluorescent lights? « Reply #16 on: January 30, 2021, 11:14:18 PM » Author: alexd120
I still see fluorescent bulbs at Lowe's.

Rapid start ,preheat metal halide mercury vapor and high pressure sodium for life.

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: have they stopped making fluorescent lights? « Reply #17 on: January 30, 2021, 11:15:20 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
This isn't a good sign, This is going to become more common as this decade rolls on so if there is a lamp you got your eye on in one of these stores, go get it quick.

Administrator #5

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: have they stopped making fluorescent lights? « Reply #18 on: January 30, 2021, 11:18:40 PM » Author: Patrick
If @Desultory wants to share which store this is, I'd be curious to see what they do stock.  If this is near the location in his profile, I searched 20 miles out and every store appears to carry the typical range of fluorescent lamps.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Desultory13
Re: have they stopped making fluorescent lights? « Reply #19 on: January 30, 2021, 11:24:26 PM » Author: Desultory13
This isn't a good sign, This is going to become more common as this decade rolls on so if there is a lamp you got your eye on in one of these stores, go get it quick.
OH I'm way ahead of you I'm really stocking up on 6ft T12s from Lowe's and there's a small independent hardware store not to far away that has some 7ft T12s that I'm planning on getting, that's right 7ft tubes!
Desultory13
Re: have they stopped making fluorescent lights? « Reply #20 on: January 30, 2021, 11:40:00 PM » Author: Desultory13
If @Desultory wants to share which store this is, I'd be curious to see what they do stock.  If this is near the location in his profile, I searched 20 miles out and every store appears to carry the typical range of fluorescent lamps.
The store is located at 1195 S State Road 7 in North Lauderdale.
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: have they stopped making fluorescent lights? « Reply #21 on: January 31, 2021, 12:17:02 AM » Author: Bulbman256
OH I'm way ahead of you I'm really stocking up on 6ft T12s from Lowe's and there's a small independent hardware store not to far away that has some 7ft T12s that I'm planning on getting, that's right 7ft tubes!

I would to but those f84 lamps seem a few inches short of a full 8 foot lamp. :mrg: :lol:

Desultory13
Re: have they stopped making fluorescent lights? « Reply #22 on: January 31, 2021, 12:24:07 AM » Author: Desultory13
I would to but those f84 lamps seem a few inches short of a full 8 foot lamp. :mrg: :lol:
I know Rommie is not online so anything goes! :lol:
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: have they stopped making fluorescent lights? « Reply #23 on: January 31, 2021, 12:34:21 AM » Author: Bulbman256

Yeah, but she already knows, she is just waiting to make her move, keep weary and arm yourself with wirenuts! :mrg:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: have they stopped making fluorescent lights? « Reply #24 on: January 31, 2021, 01:22:17 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I was in Menards today and there was only a handful of individual fluorescents ! There was still a decent amount of full cases but almost no singles !!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: have they stopped making fluorescent lights? « Reply #25 on: January 31, 2021, 07:36:20 AM » Author: Rommie

And just how do you know that..?  >:D  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: have they stopped making fluorescent lights? « Reply #26 on: January 31, 2021, 07:37:09 AM » Author: Rommie
Yeah, but she already knows, she is just waiting to make her move, keep weary and arm yourself with wirenuts! :mrg:
Some people.....  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: have they stopped making fluorescent lights? « Reply #27 on: January 31, 2021, 04:45:21 PM » Author: Binarix128
I just gotta tell you guys that y'all should start to stock up fluorescent and halogen lights, regardless if it is a T8, T5, chinese or whatever because in the incoming future you will not find a single one. I've heard that in some states of the US if you try to buy an incandescent bulb they will put in in the trash, that really sucks and it is a frantic way of promoting LEDs, and it really works, because you can't buy anything else lol. Altought here incandescent bulbs over 25W can not be imported or made, the existing ones can be perfectly be distributed and a store won't give you any problems if you find one at a clearance.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: have they stopped making fluorescent lights? « Reply #28 on: January 31, 2021, 09:39:15 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Went to my local Home Repo today and they still have a large ass't of fluorescent , HID , halogen  and the specialty/high wattage incandescent along with the customary LEDs . Absolutely 0 HID fixtures though !!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: have they stopped making fluorescent lights? « Reply #29 on: January 31, 2021, 09:54:05 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Once lockdown lightings up here where I am, I'll check mine out too. Right now they are only curbside. The online store says they are in stock with fluorescents still and same with Lowes so it should be ok

Administrator #5

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies