Author Topic: Guest Gallery Access  (Read 4077 times)
Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Guest Gallery Access « on: January 31, 2021, 04:37:04 PM » Author: Patrick
We have reopened guest access to the gallery.  However, to alleviate performance issues going forward, the system will automatically shut off guest access any time the server is under heavy load.  This will hopefully prevent the site from being overburdened when traffic is high.  Although we would like the keep the entire site open to guests as much as possible, I would recommend that any frequent visitor of the site register to ensure uninterrupted access.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Guest Gallery Access « Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 04:55:19 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Good to know! Will this configuration be temporary?

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Guest Gallery Access « Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 04:55:51 PM » Author: Bulbman256
That sounds like a reasonable compromise, thanks Patrick. 8)

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Guest Gallery Access « Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 06:05:41 PM » Author: Rommie
Good to know! Will this configuration be temporary?
I would assume that depends on how well things go.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Guest Gallery Access « Reply #4 on: January 31, 2021, 07:49:30 PM » Author: HPS_250
We have reopened guest access to the gallery.  However, to alleviate performance issues going forward, the system will automatically shut off guest access any time the server is under heavy load.  This will hopefully prevent the site from being overburdened when traffic is high.  Although we would like the keep the entire site open to guests as much as possible, I would recommend that any frequent visitor of the site register to ensure uninterrupted access.

Good to know! Seems like a reasonable compromise, and I’m glad you were able to incorporate an automatic switch based on server load.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Guest Gallery Access « Reply #5 on: February 01, 2021, 12:49:51 AM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah that sounds like a reasonable compromise. I think there were only certain times of the day when the demand would be high enough from the site to be slow anyway.
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Guest Gallery Access « Reply #6 on: February 01, 2021, 09:41:29 AM » Author: rjluna2
I hope this resolves the problem we are experiencing here :)

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

alexd120

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Guest Gallery Access « Reply #7 on: February 01, 2021, 11:41:19 AM » Author: alexd120
Good to know. Sounds reasonable and a good idea.

Rapid start ,preheat metal halide mercury vapor and high pressure sodium for life.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies