Author Topic: did i get this wiring correctly?  (Read 1104 times)
Walter Knox

View Posts
View Gallery

@WalterKnox
did i get this wiring correctly? « on: February 01, 2021, 10:19:49 PM » Author: Walter Knox
I am going to be removing a fixture that takes 2 f20t12 lamps from my friends house on Thursday, it has an old keystone rapid start ballast from the 90s that still works but buzzes quite loudly. i had this preheat ballast laying around that works good and was NOS when i got it, i used it for like a year and removed it. sadly where it was located was damp and the label kind of got warn off some. i made this note card with what i believe is the correct wiring from wiring them in the past and what I can see on the label, i don't want to blow anything up so i am just asking if this looks okay before i do anything.
nogden

View Posts
View Gallery

Nelson Ogden

nelson.ogden w8nwo
Re: did i get this wiring correctly? « Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 09:13:16 AM » Author: nogden
Yes, you got it right!
Walter Knox

View Posts
View Gallery

@WalterKnox
Re: did i get this wiring correctly? « Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 09:14:12 AM » Author: Walter Knox
thank you.
alexd120

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: did i get this wiring correctly? « Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 02:58:59 PM » Author: alexd120
Looks correct to me

Rapid start ,preheat metal halide mercury vapor and high pressure sodium for life.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: did i get this wiring correctly? « Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 09:40:34 AM » Author: Rommie
If I were to be  really picky, it's L(ine) or P(hase) and N(eutral) for the supply, not + and - which is DC. Otherwise it's fine  8)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies