Author Topic: ebay woes please read ebay payments system  (Read 804 times)
thorncollector

View Posts
View Gallery

ebay woes please read ebay payments system « on: February 04, 2021, 09:11:55 AM » Author: thorncollector
hello all i need to alert everyone on here to problems with ebay. has anyone noticed payments going to ebay rather than the sellers? i have, just an example the damaged cdm830 that i posted a picture of. the payment went via ebay from paypal, so effectively ebay have somehow been involved in processing the payment it has not gone directly to the seller as it would have done before, hence the seller is unable to respond or issue a refund, nor is there a vaild paypal email address associated with the payment it just says ebay.com/help
be very wary of this, i am having to wait for at least 7 days before a decision is made, but if its ebay who process the payment how can paypal refund me. just a quick heads up on this as its very dodgy, to that end i am closing ebay accounts now, i have already removed all my items for sale
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: ebay woes please read ebay payments system « Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 09:54:56 AM » Author: HPSM250R2
Yes this is a recent change eBay made. They have stopped using PayPal for checkouts with most sellers and have switched to a new system managed by eBay. I myself have switched to this new system as well, being a seller. There's nothing to get all excited over. It's just a new payment system.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: ebay woes please read ebay payments system « Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 03:18:11 PM » Author: Rommie
I have noticed that sometimes when paying for an item I am asked to log in to Paypal separately rather than it being integrated as it has been in the past. It's annoying as it's an extra step which I could well do without.

I have also lost the Pay After Delivery facility which I have found very useful over the years, which delays the money coming out of my account for 2 weeks until after I have received the item (usually).

The whole system is a mess. I am not a seller, so it doesn't affect me that way.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: ebay woes please read ebay payments system « Reply #3 on: February 04, 2021, 06:03:54 PM » Author: Medved
hello all i need to alert everyone on here to problems with ebay. has anyone noticed payments going to ebay rather than the sellers? i have, just an example the damaged cdm830 that i posted a picture of. the payment went via ebay from paypal, so effectively ebay have somehow been involved in processing the payment it has not gone directly to the seller as it would have done before, hence the seller is unable to respond or issue a refund, nor is there a vaild paypal email address associated with the payment it just says ebay.com/help
be very wary of this, i am having to wait for at least 7 days before a decision is made, but if its ebay who process the payment how can paypal refund me. just a quick heads up on this as its very dodgy, to that end i am closing ebay accounts now, i have already removed all my items for sale

But isn't the seller supposed to authorize the refund without delay, if he sees the claim as valid?

And I've just purchased few things and the look and feel seems to be still the same as a year ago...

No more selfballasted c***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: ebay woes please read ebay payments system « Reply #4 on: February 04, 2021, 06:41:02 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Another problem arises when the time comes to check your bank statement, with the payments going through ebay it makes life very difficult trying to reconcile payments to a particular transaction.!!   >:( :curse:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies