Author Topic: You car history  (Read 10165 times)
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: You car history « Reply #15 on: February 13, 2021, 08:31:06 AM » Author: AngryHorse
What was the favourite classic car in Serbia?, the one everybody loved the most?

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: You car history « Reply #16 on: February 13, 2021, 09:25:24 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Not only that, the Beetle has been ruined as well :curse:
Add to the list of cars that have been ruined the Fiat 500.!  >:(  We thought that it was a nice tribute to the original one, that is until we found out that it had got a 900cc engine in it.!!  :curse:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: You car history « Reply #17 on: February 13, 2021, 10:08:21 AM » Author: Jovan
What was the favourite classic car in Serbia?, the one everybody loved the most?
In Serbia most common cars were from Zastava(Yugo,Stojadin,Fića) and were driven massively.Nowdays many people are driving VW Golf,Passat,Polo,Caddy...Fiat Punto is common car for beginners among Opel Corsa.
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: You car history « Reply #18 on: February 13, 2021, 10:30:01 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Yeah, we had the Yugo over here in the late 80s, there were loads of them, my mate had one, it was a hatchback think it was the Yugo 45?

Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: You car history « Reply #19 on: February 13, 2021, 10:34:15 AM » Author: Jovan
Yeah, we had the Yugo over here in the late 80s, there were loads of them, my mate had one, it was a hatchback think it was the Yugo 45?
Yes.Yugo is a hatchback.Most likely if your mate lives in UK he had Yugo 45A which was made only for export.A was intended to be sold in US(A stands for Amerika),but something happened and they made Yugo GV(GVL,GVX) and exported to the US.
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: You car history « Reply #20 on: February 13, 2021, 10:44:43 AM » Author: AngryHorse
I miss small cars like that now, everything is SO big here in the UK now, the cars are getting like the US ones!!, unfortunately we don’t have the roads as big as America to accommodate them!

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: You car history « Reply #21 on: February 13, 2021, 10:48:36 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Add to the list of cars that have been ruined the Fiat 500.!  >:(  We thought that it was a nice tribute to the original one, that is until we found out that it had got a 900cc engine in it.!!  :curse:
Here here!, it’s not the styling of the new Mini, or Fiats 500, it’s the size I don’t like!, the perfect new Mini for me would be how it looks now, but in the SAME SCALE as the original one!

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: You car history « Reply #22 on: February 13, 2021, 11:01:27 AM » Author: Jovan
Here here!, it’s not the styling of the new Mini, or Fiats 500, it’s the size I don’t like!, the perfect new Mini for me would be how it looks now, but in the SAME SCALE as the original one!
Try to buy a Yugo if you need small and cheap car. :)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: You car history « Reply #23 on: February 13, 2021, 11:33:52 AM » Author: Rommie
I don't like the styling of the new fake mini at all, it's ugly. And some of them are bigger than a Maxi, FFS  ???

Bring back the classic Mini; Alec Issigonis is probably rolling in his grave at the sight of these awful things  :curse:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: You car history « Reply #24 on: February 13, 2021, 01:58:40 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Lol, it’s nice to talk to somebody that remembers cars like the Maxi and Princess, (AKA the wedge)!, and the original Mini  8)

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: You car history « Reply #25 on: February 13, 2021, 02:00:37 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Mummy's first car was a white Mini, and at that time daddy had a Maxi in the same Arctic White.  :love:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: You car history « Reply #26 on: February 13, 2021, 02:20:08 PM » Author: AngryHorse
We also had a white Mini back in the early 80s, I remember the registration, EFM 961L to this day!
I don’t know what the obsession is with bigger cars today?, we considered the Mini a family car back then, 4 of us, mum, dad, me and my sister, could easily go on holiday in one including the luggage!

Andy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: You car history « Reply #27 on: February 13, 2021, 02:28:58 PM » Author: Andy
I don't like the styling of the new fake mini at all, it's ugly. And some of them are bigger than a Maxi, FFS  ???

Bring back the classic Mini; Alec Issigonis is probably rolling in his grave at the sight of these awful things  :curse:

If he was still alive I think poor Alec Issigonis would projectile vomit at the sight of the new 'Mini' Countryman! It's a clossal abomination.  :curse: :sick: 

I'm always interested in exchanging lamps with others. Send me a message if you would be interested in a trade. :)

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: You car history « Reply #28 on: February 13, 2021, 02:43:02 PM » Author: Rommie
If he was still alive I think poor Alec Issigonis would projectile vomit at the sight of the new 'Mini' Countryman! It's a clossal abomination.  :curse: :sick:
As I said, he's probably rolling in his grave as we speak  :sick:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: You car history « Reply #29 on: February 13, 2021, 03:02:23 PM » Author: suzukir122
So far I've owned only two cars.... my Pontiac G6, and my former Pontiac Grand Prix, GT model. (I've got a video of that car if ya'll
want to check that out. Stupid video though, from 2012.) Both rather... boring cars... although the Pontiac Grand Prix was more exciting than
the G6. But... rod knock. That's how that car ended. That Grand Prix was my first car.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies