Author Topic: You car history  (Read 10168 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: You car history « Reply #45 on: February 20, 2021, 11:29:54 AM » Author: Cole D.
My first car were a 2001 Chevrolet Malibu with V6 package, in a bronze color with beige cloth interior.
My current car I traded that for is a 2016 Ford Taurus Limited V6, in cream with a gray leather interior.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: You car history « Reply #46 on: February 20, 2021, 11:39:36 AM » Author: xelareverse
My first car were a 2001 Chevrolet Malibu with V6 package, in a bronze color with beige cloth interior.
My current car I traded that for is a 2016 Ford Taurus Limited V6, in cream with a gray leather interior.
this is a bronzemist one originally (plasti dipped it a colorshift blue/purple, but I'm changing it back together he original) interior is also beige with the chevy logo embossed in the seats.  What are the chances that it was the same car :wndr:
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: You car history « Reply #47 on: February 21, 2021, 02:04:06 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Xelareverse, my G6 has the 2.4 ecotec, so definitely not very fast/powerful. But it has done good in terms of reliability.
My former Grand Prix GT had the 3800 series II V6.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: You car history « Reply #48 on: February 21, 2021, 05:01:26 PM » Author: icefoglights
Nice cars.Will you upgrade your project vehicle ?Here people oftenly upgrade older cars to sport end looking.They put better engine,new paint and new rims.What is your favorite car brand and why ? ;D

:lol: #2, 3, 6, 8 and 9 are nice.  The rest were questionable.

The Trooper runs but the engine knocks, which could have many causes in that engine, some worse than others.  If the engine is savable, than it needs a new timing set, water pump and coolant hoses.  Than it will need new front half-shafts and front hubs, all new tires (the spare is original!) and a battery.  The transmission, transfer case, front and rear end fluids are probably over due for replacement.  Many of the lights don't work, and the headlight has a hole in it and filled with water.  After all of that, it should be able to get back on the road again.  If the engine can't be saved, the vehicle will probably go to the fire department.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: You car history « Reply #49 on: February 21, 2021, 06:19:32 PM » Author: Michael
1st Citroën Xantia Monaco Break
2nd Citroën Xsara Picasso (still in my possession with 334 000km)
3rd Toyota HiAce Ambulance van (as a second drive to my Xsara Picasso)

4th maybe a Renault 4???

Old Toyota cars are the best and almost indestructible beside the rust.
Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Transgender, Avid About Street Lamps, Insulators.

Re: You car history « Reply #50 on: February 21, 2021, 08:32:21 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
Are you guys familiar with the Pontiac G6? A friend has a 2005 model...with 78,000 miles. Great fun car with lots of options and plenty of zip! The only problem is the power steering unit. The steering wheel sometimes unexpectedly shakes while the car is running and at the same time an error message shows up on the dashboards status screen. We wonder how much this will cost to fix and anything else we should know about this (I know it is not really too safe under those conditions!) Thanks. Joe M.

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: You car history « Reply #51 on: February 21, 2021, 08:42:40 PM » Author: suzukir122
Yep... I'm one of the members on here that owns a Pontiac G6. Mine is the 2.4 ecotec version though. I've had mine since 2014.
My G6 in particular, has never really had that zip/fast acceleration.

The V6 Pontiac G6 might be a different story.

My car does have more problems though, and I think my catalytic converter may need to be cleaned again.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: You car history « Reply #52 on: February 21, 2021, 11:54:33 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
Back in the old days there used to be what were called "test pipes". These fit in and bolted precisely where the original cat was and were made of nice-thickness steel (or stainless steel if you preferred). They were for *temporary* installing and testing  :D where a bad or clogged cat was suspected. Now for at least a couple decades they are illegal to make or use :police: . Like the MV ballast manufacturing ban.

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: You car history « Reply #53 on: February 22, 2021, 12:05:24 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Back in the old days there used to be what were called "test pipes". These fit in and bolted precisely where the original cat was and were made of nice-thickness steel (or stainless steel if you preferred). They were for *temporary* installing and testing  :D where a bad or clogged cat was suspected. Now for at least a couple decades they are illegal to make or use :police: . Like the MV ballast manufacturing ban.

Why is there a cute feline in your car? :mrg: :lol: :cat:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: You car history « Reply #54 on: February 22, 2021, 12:21:30 AM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
My mechanic calls cataltyic converters "cats". Whether or not the engine happens to purr 8;)

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: You car history « Reply #55 on: February 22, 2021, 12:23:31 AM » Author: Bulbman256
My mechanic calls cataltyic converters "cats". Whether or not the engine happens to purr 8;)

Sir, i think your now liable for a slap! :o :poof: @-@ :mrg: :lol:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: You car history « Reply #56 on: February 22, 2021, 12:38:04 AM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
Yikes!!  :laugh:

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: You car history « Reply #57 on: February 22, 2021, 05:21:50 AM » Author: Jovan
1st Citroën Xantia Monaco Break
2nd Citroën Xsara Picasso (still in my possession with 334 000km)
3rd Toyota HiAce Ambulance van (as a second drive to my Xsara Picasso)

4th maybe a Renault 4???

Old Toyota cars are the best and almost indestructible beside the rust.
Old timers are uniqe to drive and own.Rust is problem for older cars.To prevent early rusting,car shouldn't be driven on salty and snowy roads.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 05:23:30 AM by Jovan » Logged
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: You car history « Reply #58 on: February 22, 2021, 05:24:05 AM » Author: Jovan
Is your mechanic Scotty Kilmer :) ?
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: You car history « Reply #59 on: February 22, 2021, 11:39:21 AM » Author: Michael
Old timers are uniqe to drive and own.Rust is problem for older cars.To prevent early rusting,car shouldn't be driven on salty and snowy roads.

And that’s the exact point! My Toyota ambulance was in service in the alpine mountains were the roads are covered by snow all the winter long. It was for about 7 years in service for a medical rescue team in St. Moritz and Klosters, a well known ski resort.
I preserve the van a good as possible. The underbody has now a thick coat of special anti fouling wax which helps to keep the aggressive salty water away from the metal frame. 

The Xsara Picasso is a very cheap car. I never had any severe issues with it. It just drives and as long as it has enough Diesel and oil it does its job very well.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies