Author Topic: How to power up an old camcorder?  (Read 833 times)
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
How to power up an old camcorder? « on: February 12, 2021, 09:50:12 PM » Author: Binarix128
Today I got this old hi8 camcorder, but I don't have the original charger nor the DC input connector, I only have the battery pack which I replaced its batteries, but it doesn't seems to work. I wonder if I can power it up through the battery port by a power supply, and what voltage should I use, there's also a control port that I don't know how to hack it. I'll try to charge the battery pack for a long time, I fear that the battery control circuit is damaged.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: How to power up an old camcorder? « Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 11:17:28 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Looks very similar to one my sister had & I'd use occasionally years ago.

Look on eBay using the camera's model number. I wouldn't be surprised if someone has a powersupply/charger for it there.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: How to power up an old camcorder? « Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 11:22:27 PM » Author: Binarix128
The camera costed me 5 bucks and the power supply will probably cost 40 bucks, in that case I would take it into bits. It was cheap because the tape mechanism lid is missing, and the tape navigation buttons section is kinda loose because some moron was screwing it up before.

There are quite nice things I could get from that camera, like the motors, the lenses and the tiny CRT TV.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 11:27:16 PM by Binarix128 » Logged
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies