Author Topic: Yay!  (Read 2021 times)
KEDER

View Posts
View Gallery

Yay! « on: June 05, 2009, 05:36:56 PM » Author: KEDER
You know about that dayburner? i reported it to cdot, (thwey were the wrong people, but they said they contacted the main people in charge of them.) ANd now they contacted the right people and they are gonna fix them! I hope they fix it soon =D
lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Zero 88 Lighting Controls Rule!

Re: Yay! « Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 08:38:42 PM » Author: lightman64
What is cdot? Is it your electric service?   

BTW, my electric service is Georgia Power (GP)

The future of street lighting is Induction, not nasty HPS lights or cr@ppy LED lights!
Preheat CFL's should make a comeback!

KEDER

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Yay! « Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 09:01:35 PM » Author: KEDER
CDOT: Colorado department of Transportation. they do stuff with roads. but not streetlights... but the good thing is they contacted the right people.
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Yay! « Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 03:49:21 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
usually traffic lights and highway lights are owned by either County or the State while the ones on wooden poles and sometimes local roads metal poles are by the electric company...it depends on the electric company

in BGE, they pretty much service everything except for MD state highway lighting and SOME traffic lights streetlights (that are owned by the state) but if the lights and traffic light streetlight are owned by the county and is in BGE area, then BGE will service them....

However PEPCO, does not service ANYTHING except for streetlight wooden poles, and the County has to do the rest.....in Montgomery County...has 3 different electric companies......BGE, PEPCO and i think PECO (Allegenhy Power) and in BGE they service and installs metal poles themselves and sometimes if county installs them, BGE will own them and service them.....but in PEPCO area, the county (or some 3rd party company) will install the poles and the county is responsible.......and the poles are different from BGE area but same county...

PEPCO does not do really good job servicing lights to be honest, BGE does VERY GOOD JOB....the Montgomery County actually does good job......very good.....MD states seems to be OK, but there's some issues like THIS!!!!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies