Author Topic: Huge Etches on LED Filament Bulbs  (Read 1111 times)
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Euro-Bulbs.net

Huge Etches on LED Filament Bulbs « on: February 25, 2021, 07:44:21 PM » Author: Econolite03
Have you noticed how etches on standard household light bulbs have become what look like ‘nuclear launch code’ safety information? Noticed how they place them in the worst possible spots on the lamps making them ugly and super obvious? All I need to know is the brand, watts, and volts, not the entire one page safety booklet condensed into a label. The Sylvania is basic, simple, and straightforward. The GE CFL (technically not a etch), well it’s a CFL. The filament LED bulbs....okay, that’s a little much. Heck the Philips bulb has symbols telling use where you use it. Common’ Philips, it’s a etch, not rocket science. I know this is probably required by the US DOE and EPA, but still, it’s one word...ridiculous.

Note: The photo is only viewable to L-G members.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 01:12:30 PM by Econolite03 » Logged
Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Transgender, Avid About Street Lamps, Insulators.

Re: Huge Etches on LED Filament Bulbs « Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 08:12:01 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
The lamp manufacturer's lawyers also probably suggest all of the wordiness. That way if the sleeve is thrown away, the consumer still knows the vitals about operating the lamp and everything else required by reading the etch (with good vision or a magnifying glass!) 8)

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

Globe Collector

View Posts
View Gallery

Preserving the Brightest Ideas of Our Age

Re: Huge Etches on LED Filament Bulbs « Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 11:00:15 PM » Author: Globe Collector
Most of this looks like litigious stuff...so they know who to pass the blame to/protect themselves from blame.

(Oh, Here in Australia we call this litigious blame passing, "The American Disease" as it originally came from there....it really erodes moral values and social trust and does no end of damage to a society.)

Going back to the Philips Semiconductor Bar lamp...the plant symbol there that looks like a "signpost" ...we get Semiconductor Bar lamps from the same plant here too...it is Ning-Bo (Said, "Ning Bwor", the place where the plant is located) K-Lite Ltd. in Ning Bo, just south of ShangHai. Note now ours don't feel the need to print all thet underwriter's crap despite coming from the same plant!

Manufactured articles should be made to be used, not made to be sold!

Fee, Fye, Fow, Fum, A dead man's eye and a parrot's BUM!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Huge Etches on LED Filament Bulbs « Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 01:17:23 AM » Author: joseph_125
Even fluorescent and HID lamps have has stuff like this added to their etches over the years. The most notable ones being a (E) for EPACT 1995 compliance, a (Hg) to denotes that the lamp contains mercury, then in more recent years the text "Contains Mercury" as if the (Hg) symbol wasn't enough, finally also the EU crossed trash bin symbol. 
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Huge Etches on LED Filament Bulbs « Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 10:16:58 AM » Author: dor123
Here is the etch of my Osram/Ledvance LED Base Classic A 60 7W 2700K color LED filament lamp:

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Euro-Bulbs.net

Re: Huge Etches on LED Filament Bulbs « Reply #5 on: February 28, 2021, 10:33:58 PM » Author: Econolite03
Thanks for the feedback guys. That etch on the Osram is a good example.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies